Review : Panasonic GF3 with 14/f2.5 lens (and the 25/1.4 later)

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
I picked up the Panasonic GF3 with a 14mm f2.5 lens at the Panasonic Launch on Thursday. I'll have it for about a week or 2 and I already have a feeling that I'm going to have alot of fun using it.

Will pick up the 25mm f1.4 early next week.... so will just work with this 14mm for the time being this weekend

The next few pics show the GF3 side by side a Samsung EX1 ...... yes next to a Point and Shoot..... these M4/3 cameras are getting alot smaller these days ......
GF3 is the one at the top..... excuse the color cast on the image ... I'd not set the WB on the cam properly
pair2a.jpg

pair3a.jpg

pana2a.jpg

Its just SO compact
palm_sized2a.jpg

palm_sized.jpg

Last edited:
This set up plonks right into my pants pocket
small2a.jpg

I liked the little hump for the thumb to rest and not get in the way of other control buttons and well away from the touchscreen LCD
I'm old-school so I'm not used to so few buttons and the need to use the touch screen LCD frightens me a little bit.... however the menu is simple to navigate and just about all major functions are accessible via a touch of the LCD panel ..... you younger people will likely like this LOL!!
small1a.jpg

The unobtrusive profile of the camera is just great , something street shooters and social anthropologists like myself have always yearned for ...... not wishing to flash around a big camera and lens outfit and yet needing the file sizes that a larger sensor provides
watches.jpg

Last edited:
ISO Tests (hint: watch the shadow areas)

ISO160
iso160a.jpg

ISO200
iso200a.jpg

ISO400
iso400a1.jpg

ISO800
iso800a.jpg

ISO1600
iso1600a.jpg

Last edited:
ISO 3200
iso32005.jpg

ISO6400
iso6400a.jpg

Will get a set of F-Stop test images out tomorrow and other street images

Next to my iPod Touch below
itouch.jpg

shadow2.jpg

Yup no hot shoe, this is meant to be the smallest camera body, if you want hot shoe then you should look at the G3 instead

the 25mm f1.4 should be landing in my office by this afternoon or tomorrow morning :)

cant wait already

the 25mm f1.4 should be landing in my office by this afternoon or tomorrow morning :)

cant wait already

Can't wait for your review of this lens too. :p

look like a good cam for low light condition
how does it do as a Travel companion, i.e. oversea trip or even to a party kind of trip?
Batt life & handling?

Last edited:
Any possible test on the video mode?

btw is this pancake 14mm is its a MEGA IS lens or is a non IS len?
cant wait for the more indepth review too
as i sold my gf1 anna now waan look for smaller form factor cam

Last edited: