Review on Digital King lens?

markratnam

Apr 10, 2012
Hi, anyone know anything about this brand of adapter lens?

It is a wide angle lens adapter with macro lens adapter too. 62mm

This shop quoted me $400. Said it was made in Japan too and very good. He even demonstrated the functions using the lens on my camera. The macro and wide angle lens functions work quite well. But is it worth $400?

Please be brutally honest...

Thanks guys!

This shop quoted me $400. Said it was made in Japan too and very good. He even demonstrated the functions using the lens on my camera. The macro and wide angle lens functions work quite well. But is it worth $400?

Thanks guys!

lol.

of course not. what do you think. do a forum search you'd get your answer of how many people have been chopped by these shops with that wide angle convertor.

$400?? wao. that is really too much. why not invest on a proper wide angle lens or other lens? save those $$.

Is it worth it to you? 50% say yes, 50% say no, how?

worth $20 maybe... i would use it if it is for my phone camera but not anything else. Hope you have not bought it... if you bought it at 400 bucks i would say close this thread and just enjoy using it.

Last edited:
i think it should cost less than even $100.. plus all adapters degrade image quality... it seems quite obvious the shop is trying to chop some carrot heads... If you havent bought it, dont buy it and just avoid the shop you went to. If you did, take it as a lesson learnt, dont think too much and just use it.

Better to save up to buy proper native-range lenses to do the job rather than rely on third-party modification adapters. Much better image quality, less clumsy and much much higher resell value

GO FOR IT! :thumbsup:

always good to learn a lesson the hard way :)

markratnam said:
He even demonstrated the functions using the lens on my camera. The macro and wide angle lens functions work quite well.

Wow. Really? Have you seen the output from a dedicated wide-angle and macro lens? Was the test done in more difficult conditions typical of an outdoor scene or just some casual snapshots in the store? Do you know what to look out for anyway?

I am not acquainted with this brand, but using such adapters is akin to sticking a magnifying glass (or for wide angle, the reverse) in front of your lens. Image quality degrades significantly, and issues such as ghosting, flares etc. will be commonly observed.

For $400, I know that at least someone is laughing their way home.

Thanks guys!
it is good thing that you have doubt on this, hope you don't spent any money on it yet,
this type of accessories is I classify as "Give Me for Free I also Don't Want".

put your money on third party lenses like Sigma, Tamron or Tokina if budget is an issue.

Never heard of this brand, sounds dodgy to me.

With that money, I would rather get a manual focus wide angle lens that I can find in ebay or second hand shops... and I bet these manual lens can still perform better than the wide angle lens converter that the shop is trying to sell you.

Are u using a camera with interchangeable lens? If yes then I rather u get a wide angle lens as other forumers have suggested.

If u are using a prosumer or camera that doesn't allow u to change lens, then I guess there's not much other options to get a wide angle shot other than to consider the adapter. I will go for the original (if there is) rather than this digital king brand. At 400 it is definitely over priced and I believe an adapter from the manufacturer (if available) would not cost as much. If u really need to get it, make sure u bargain hard.

400 ah, get a used tokina 12-24 better

LOL Digital King is just another name for Vitacon. Total rubbish. But thank goodness he asked first before buying...

When a company slaps such an ah-beng brand name on a lens, the consumer should hear alarm bells.
It sounds slapstick and is a dis-service to the lens company.

Another way companies try to market to unsuspecting consumers is to put a German sounding name on a product that is not made in Germany.
(edit) e.g. Steinzeiser.

Last edited:
Another way companies try to market to unsuspecting consumers is to put a German sounding name on a product that is not made in Germany.
e.g. Stenhesier.

You mean Steinzeiser?