Review of the Pantone Huey monitor calibration system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... this link have better interface than what i've got. Can set setting for different usage, like gaming, web browsing, garphic and many more.... How come mine show lesser setting? Only neutral, warm and cool and low mid and high contrast... Anyone who uses huey have the same basic (lesser) setting than what you've seen on this link? Or am I the only one here.

Mine also got the lesser setting. I am running XP not mac.

rolzink said:
Hmmm... this link have better interface than what i've got. Can set setting for different usage, like gaming, web browsing, garphic and many more.... How come mine show lesser setting? Only neutral, warm and cool and low mid and high contrast... Anyone who uses huey have the same basic (lesser) setting than what you've seen on this link? Or am I the only one here.

me too.

and the gamma seem to be struck at 1.8 instead of the recommended 2.2

anyway the profile is quite close, except that the yellow is slightly "blown" on the screen than on my printout.

Sorry but how do you check the gamma?

After calibrating, i tick the native under Color Setting. Is that the way? Me first time handling this kind of stuff.. kind of blur liao..

Mine is also the same with simple settings.
I think our STICK is gretagmacbeth while the USa STICK is HUEY.
different version different softwares?

no idea...but my screen tends to lean towards the yellow side using this...as compared to the spyder i was using prior to this...

This is really frustrating... all of us tends to have the yellow/orange/warm colour cast; I'm assuming we all chose the default 'neutral' setting.

Unless of course, we were all blinded (so used to) by our previous (bright) 'white' settings!
Can some experts enlighten us please ?

rolzink said:

I am also having only the settings that you encounter. Does this only happens to XP users? :confused:

mine still on the desk.
Have to finish the current assignment first be4 installing it.

Looks like we need experts here.

Indeeed the yellow cast appears to be wrong for me. I though white should look white instead of yellow. Just like in Microword Word, we do expect to see white sheet instead of yellowish sheet.

Dun tell me our eyes are playing tricks on me? And that we cant differiate white? Very very strange.

There is no comprehensive manual included unfortunately. Any one can tell me which is supposed to the correct mode to achieve faithful hard copy printing (Warm, neutral or Cool??)

yyD70S said:
This is really frustrating... all of us tends to have the yellow/orange/warm colour cast; I'm assuming we all chose the default 'neutral' setting.

Unless of course, we were all blinded (so used to) by our previous (bright) 'white' settings!
Can some experts enlighten us please ?

got a feeling that there is another vesion of software out there. I am trying to see if we can get hold of it. Can't find the download in pantone.

if anyone knows pls share.

no the yellow cast is not supposed to be correct..... thought the slightly reddish one my be....

but the difference is that wif the huey i get a dirty yellow instead..... on a spyder it still looks v different..

Looks like a serious problem with the yellow cast

May i know who is the local support of this product ?

Hmmm. if you means the huey and spyder give different results, that means something is wrong then? I thought using any calibrators should give the same reference tone? Is that a reference?

Witness said:
no the yellow cast is not supposed to be correct..... thought the slightly reddish one my be....

but the difference is that wif the huey i get a dirty yellow instead..... on a spyder it still looks v different..

Reyon said:
Looks like a serious problem with the yellow cast

May i know who is the local support of this product ?

Local Agent is

RVC International Pte Ltd
82 Genting Lane #05-05 Singapore 349567
Tel : 6844 5568

Should have stuck to my maxim that cheap things don't come good. :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.