Review of Sony Alpha NEX-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
no.. only the inside needs to be black..
outside can be any color doesnt matter..

my gf is using pan lumix fz28 superzoom which is in silver color..
the outside of the included lens hood is silver color..

I am really in luv with the metallic looking lens :cool:

Alot people afraid the lens would look "cheap" when comes in silver..but this metalic silver is nice..especially when paired with NEX metal finishing body ...

*falling in love with this baby:lovegrin:

hahaha.. how can magnesium alloy look cheap?

This is gonna be a perfect alternative for street shooters! Sony is really bypassing its competitors by coming out with a crop mirrorless camera! Sexayy!

hahaha.. how can magnesium alloy look cheap?

That was after the PMA 2010..when we saw the mock up n the silver lens ...alot people says.. look cheapo etc..haha....n now..it's SEXY!!!! beyond my expectations :lovegrin:

Last edited:
Hmm,i was invited to register for the sony NEX launch on 2nd june 10..
the email stated that if nt invited then can wait till late june to have experience at the sony stores..

Hmm,i was invited to register for the sony NEX launch on 2nd june 10..
the email stated that if nt invited then can wait till late june to have experience at the sony stores..

Me 2 .. so its coming to SG this June ;p

Most importantly would like to know how the Contrast Detect AF works, whether is it fast enough...

It'll be a shame if it has the same issues as Oly EP and EPLs...

Most importantly would like to know how the Contrast Detect AF works, whether is it fast enough...

It'll be a shame if it has the same issues as Oly EP and EPLs...
u can view some youtube vids..
many has posted the AF performance

Could u also test how fast the camera startup and shutdown is, basically i think it's a great camera , before i buy i just want to know how big step down from the a900 it is in terms of slugishness and af speed etc. The form factor is just too tempting.

It is FAST!!!

Power on to first shot
~1.0 second

Shutdown
~0.5 second

Could u also test how fast the camera startup and shutdown is, basically i think it's a great camera , before i buy i just want to know how big step down from the a900 it is in terms of slugishness and af speed etc. The form factor is just too tempting.

dont have a stopwatch with me but start up is quick

a couple of images just uploaded in pg 2 post #32 and #33 of this thread with 100% crops

will put the cam through more rigorous paces this weekend........ stay tuned

Last edited:
u guys need to be bit more patient..it coming weekend and i sure the admin/mod will be able to come up with a good review/writeup on it soon.

u guys need to be bit more patient..it coming weekend and i sure the admin/mod will be able to come up with a good review/writeup on it soon.

Btw do you have any news on whether a a900 firmware is comming up yet?

I got to hold it for a while evening at OP.. Think the guy should be also from CS?
Really nice and small camera... Though small, the grip is easy to hold... And one thing I like is the tilting screen and panaromic shot function... The innovative "smile" function that triggers the shutter makes this a fun camera ;)

I will like to thank the guy for showing and explaining the specs and functions to me... ;) finally see something I like from Sony...

Btw do you have any news on whether a a900 firmware is comming up yet?

Don't crash a thread with a different topic... It's very rude.

I got to hold it for a while evening at OP.. Think the guy should be also from CS?
Really nice and small camera... Though small, the grip is easy to hold... And one thing I like is the tilting screen and panaromic shot function... The innovative "smile" function that triggers the shutter makes this a fun camera ;)

I will like to thank the guy for showing and explaining the specs and functions to me... ;) finally see something I like from Sony...

the panoramic shot function - does it have max shutter speed?

i mean, based on the sony ads i've seen on the NEX cameras, it seems to be taken at high speed.

Thanks for sneak peek!it's really slim and futuristically design.Sony is gonna heat up the MILC market.

Status
Not open for further replies.