Review of Pentax 50mm F1.4 at DPReview.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. That reminds me i have not used that nice lens for a while.

Same here, time to use mine too. Maybe we need to start a season of shots taken with the 50mm and posting it here.

Looking at the comparative photos of the Sigma, Canon, Nikon and Pentax 50mm f/1.4 lenses, the Sigma is super huge while the smallest and cutest is our Pentax FA 50mm.
Highly Recommended sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

I still hv mine cos no one wanna buy my one so looks like I gotta keep it now...haha

i want one!!!

Grab one then! It's cheap! :D

Am thinking of swapping mine (ie sell or trade) for a manual one, but wait till I get a K20D or better. Would like a brighter, clearer VF for manual focussing!

Good review....Personally I prefer to use th 40mm f/2.8 not only because it is more compact but I find the images of the 40mm more tack sharp. One thing about the 50mm is inspite of it being accused of being "plastiky", its still so pleasant to hold and use in your hands!

I am thinking the 55mm should be a worthy replacement for the 50mm f/1.4. I am fear it will trigger a relapse of my BBB virus which has been cured since the limiteds were purchased when it is released:sweat:.

creampuff said:
Same here, time to use mine too. Maybe we need to start a season of shots taken with the 50mm and posting it here.

Hi Denis
Do take and post them! I have not been using my 50mm much but would be interested on the possibilities that this lens can provide from the gurus here...I need to learn how to use it effectively.
So far treating it as a low-light lens...:)

Was checking my dry cabinet just now, and I did have a 50mm lens, A50/2.8 macro - my favorite lens :D

:thumbsup:

Kinda missing the good ole FA50...

:thumbsup: again for all bros enjoying this great lens

This is one of my star len. The Title I gave to it ...because it can take really stunning pics, from Landscapes, still-life to protraits.

Show some photo on landscape can ;)?

My neighbour asked me about this lens since he knows i am a Pentax user. He asked whether this is a new lens since there is a review in DP. Can anyone answer that since i am a lens idiot!! :confused:

I took one with the 50mm at the Marina Barrage Outing:

_IGP3226.jpg

Show some photo on landscape can ;)?

My neighbour asked me about this lens since he knows i am a Pentax user. He asked whether this is a new lens since there is a review in DP. Can anyone answer that since i am a lens idiot!! :confused:

It has been around for years, since early 90s i think.

It has been around for years, since early 90s i think.

Which just goes to show how "indie" Pentax really is. Finally reached the mainstream after all these years.:bsmilie: (Well, dpreview is more of a camera body review site than a lens review site)

Status
Not open for further replies.