Review of Olympus EM10 Mark III 2017

Another 4K/30P clip, quite a fair bit of wind noise on this one. Click on Youtube to choose 4k

[video=youtube_share;FGBzRdTdmR8]https://youtu.be/FGBzRdTdmR8[/video]

Last edited:
A quick summary of the EM10 Mark III:

- Quick responsive camera, fast AF, I can feel the difference from my Mark 1.
- A nice bump added the grip for usage slightly larger lenses
- 4K video quality is excellent, with IBIS it allows some nice smooth footage but certainly for more serious work, a gimbal will still be better. The lack of mic input and tilt screen might put off some serious videographers
- New art filters Bleach Bypass is fun and can also be used in the video too
- AP (Advanced Photo) a mode that caters to more beginners with simple touch and shoot interface, instead of delving into hidden menus like before. It's a good start, although for serious amateurs it can also be useful if all controls can be opened up as a choice for those who are more familiar
- Omitting of some advance controls like "multi-function" is a strange one, but probably in line with how Olympus wants to target EM10 series for beginners.
- highly useable high iso (3200) shots due to the TruePic Engine VIII.

EM10 series camera has come a long way since first EM10 was launched, and I still am using it once a while as it's a smaller series of camera that has an EVF. EM10 Mark III continues this legacy and certainly it also makes the Pen lite cameras feels so inadequate in terms of the added functionalities. If you have EM10 Mark I or Pen lite cameras, and looking for an upgrade without needs of a bulkier or weathersealed camera, this would be a good choice with it's fantastic 2.36million dot EVF. If coming from EM10 Mark II, there's hardly much to upgrade except for the 4K functionality.

Hope the review has been helpful. Will post more pictures when time permits.

A few more shots with kit lens from a Crossing Bridges photowalk.

With Kit lens. 42mm, ISO640, 1/100, F5.6, edited in Lightroom

With Kit lens. 14mm, ISO200, 1/200, F7.1, edited in Lightroom

With Kit lens. 28mm, ISO320, 1/60, F6.3, edited in Lightroom