Review of Microtek DV Cam, please advise! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStella001

Aug 29, 2004
Hello everybody, I am new in photography and I would like to ask some questions about this digital video camera, incorporates functions of digital camcorder, voice recorder, digital still camera and webcam. Below are the specs, I saw this cam at Comex ydae, but I have doubts of its performance, can all the pros out there please advise on me whether shall I take this offer upon viewing the specs? will really appreciate if everybody can help, cos I also dun understand the specs.. :dunno: btw, it cost S$399. (Microtek, Take-it® MV300)

Specifications

Image sensor 1/2" 3.21 megapixels CMOS sensor
Image size 2816 x 2112 (interpolated), 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960 and 640 x 480 pixels
Quality level Best, fine, normal
File format Movie: ASF; Still image: JPEG; Audio: WAV
Movie clips 640x480 pixels; 10fps
320x240 pixels; 25fps

Sensitivity equivalent ISO100
Lens F=3.0; f=8.3mm
Digital zoom 4X
Metering Full-zone average
Exposure adjustment -2EV to +2EV in one step
White balance Auto, daylight, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent
Shutter speed 1/15" ~1/4000"
Flash Fixed
Focus range Normal: 3.28ft to infinity (1m to infinity)
Macro (2X): 0.5ft ~ 0.8ft (15cm ~25cm)

Flash mode Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, forced, forced with red-eye reduction, flash off
Tripod mount Yes
Self-timer 10-second delay
Video output NTSC/PAL
Power saving Yes (2mins)
Power source Four AAA-sized alkaline batteries
Lithium ion battery (Nokia 8210 compatible)
Adapter (5V)

Connectivity USB cable, AV output cable
System Requirements - CD-ROM driver
- 128MB RAM or more recommended;
- Color monitor with 24-bit color capability

PC and compatibles
- Pentium PC or alter with USB port
- Window 98/98SE/2000/Me/XP

Macintosh and compatibles
- iMac or iMac G3/G4 with built-in USB port
- Mac OS 9.x and 10.1.3 or later; built-in Mac OS X

Dimensions (W x H x D) 112 x 67 x 50mm (4.4" x 2.6" x 2.0" )
Weight 165g (5.7oz)

Features and Benefits

MPEG 4 Recording Video Format Applying MPEG4 format to capture life in motion with audio in 640x480. The frame per second is up to 25 seconds (320x240 pixels). The maximum length of motion recording is up to the memory capacity.
Seamless 4X Digital Zoom With 4X digital zoom function, it permits users to immediately magnify images including motion images what you capture or view the images.

Large 1.8" LCD Screen With a color LCD with 270O rotation, you can focus on the image you want and also view the live images as you shoot the video and images. The video and still images can be browsed and manage on the LCD screen.

Variable Flashes with Red-eye Reduction We offer five flash modes including auto flash, auto flash with red-eye reduction, forced on, forced with red-eye reduction and flash off.
Versatile Settings for Various Needs Up to 6 megapixels resolution setting! Users may select from five resolution settings including (2816x2112 by interpolation, 2048x1536, 1600x1200, 1280x960, or 640x480 pixels) and three image quality settings (Best, Fine or Normal) to meet your personal preferences.
White Balance Adjustment It allows you to respond to the various natural lighting conditions, and features an automatic setting with 4 special settings for Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten and Fluorescent.
16MB Built-in Flash Memory and SD Card Support 16MB built-in Flash memory and SD memory cards support expanded storage capacity and rapid data transmission.
Power Source The power supply of the Take-it MV300 can use four AAA-sized alkaline batteries, lithium ion battery (Nokia 8210 compatible) or AC adapter (5V). It also has a built-in charge to charge your battery.
Accessible Connectivity True USB plug-and-play lets you transfer images to your computer easily and full AV support allows for easy viewing of your images or movies on your TV!

In the Box
Quick Start Guide Pouch Strap
Rechargeable Lithium ion battery Adapter USB cable
AV-out cable Microtek CD

Software Bundle

Ulead PhotoExplorer (PC/Mac) Ulead VideoStudio (PC) Adobe Photoshop Album SE (PC)
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PC/Mac)

I am looking into the same Microtek DV Mv300Camera. I found a cheaper price at ShopNBC.com. It is on sale for $158.74 which includes a 64MB memory card. Sorry can not give you much information on how well it works. Happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.