Review of Billingham Hadley Small Shoulder Bag

Silas

Apr 12, 2010
This review is prepared for fellow friends who intend to purchase the Billingham Hadley Small shoulder bag but can't find much details about what or how much it can hold.

I had wanted to get a sleek, dressy bag for formal occasions when I needed to take photos (cam + 1 lens + flash) while dressing well. In the process of trying to find the perfect sleek black bag, I decided on the Hadley Small, Black/Black, but I had difficulties finding pictorial reviews on the forum. The only way I could find out it the bag was suitable was to go to a shop to try it out, so I decided to put together this pictorial review to help others save the trip to the shop. My review will be largely done via pictures.

I bought the Canvas version as the shop only had canvas for the colour i wanted and not because i have any preference for canvas over fibrenyte.

My first impressions of the bag were that it was really sleek and classic looking. The material was sturdy and felt tough. The inserts were thick and sturdy too.

Bag came in dust bag

Frontal View

Billingham Leather Logo

Canvas Material Texture

Tag at the Side of the Bag

Quick Release Buckle

Quick Release Buckle Secured

Quick Release Buckle Unsecured

Quick Release Strap Released

Closer Look at the Quick Release Strap

Bag with the Quick Release Straps Released

Pleats on the Main Flap

Interior Lining of Bag

Insert

Space behind Insert

Space fits an iPad 2 with Casing

Button to hold Insert in place

Insert is Removable

Bag without the Insert

Insert comes with 1 Tall and 2 Short Partitions

Using a Partition from another Bag so I can put my Camera with Lens Attached Facing Down

Inner Stitching behind the Signature Badge

The Signature Badge

2 Front Pockets

Front Pockets are Expandable

Product Description & Serial Number

Bag Fits a 580II

Bag fits a 5D +35L & 580II

Bag fits a 5D & 35L & 580II

Bag fits a 5D & 35L & 24-70

Nickel Strap Lug

The Straps were not seasoned and stiff so they tend to open up when i put the bag down the 1st time i used the bag. (I experienced the straps opening up every time i put the bag down) To fix this problem, I purchased the SP40 Shoulder Pad

SP40 Shoulder Pad

Underside of the Shoulder Pad

Shoulder Strap with the Shoulder Pad Attached

The colour of the SP40 matches Beautifully

The Stuffed Bag

This bag can hold 1 camera with lens attached with another small lens and a flash in its main compartment. The 2 front pockets can hold miscellaneous items like filters, extra batteries, wallet and etc.

The shoulder pad is sold separately, its a good to have item but not a must have for this bag since the amount of gear is not that much. However, when I do carry my iPad with my camera, it really helps lessen the load on my shoulder.

The downside of this bag is its price. I will not recommend it to those working on a tight budget.

Hope my review is useful for friends who intend to buy the bag but have no idea what and how much it can hold.

*Disclaimer* Please do not ask me for the price i paid or where to buy or where is the cheapest, you can do your own homework

Got my question answered!! Always wanted to know is it able to fit a iPad!

Glad that the review answered your question.

Does the shoulder pad really lessen load from your shoulder? i'm using hardley pro now.

Does the shoulder pad really lessen load from your shoulder? i'm using hardley pro now.

In my opinion it does, especially when i am carrying cam + lens + flash + ipad. I also have the Hadley Pro and i use a shoulder pad with it too.

Thank for the review. Now my dilemma is whether to get the black or khaki version. LOL

Thank for the review. Now my dilemma is whether to get the black or khaki version. LOL

You're welcome, why not get both? LOL!

Any idea where to get additional inserts?

Any idea where to get additional inserts?

As i mentioned, I won't be sharing anything about purchasing related matters, this review is restricted to the content above. You can try calling the shops that carry the brand to check. cheers!