Review of Billingham Hadley Small Shoulder Bag

First of all, thanks for sharing this.

Billingham! Nice bag.. I wanted to grab one especially in khaki colour unfortunately it does not come with rain cover which caused me had second thoughts and ended up decided not to buy. Applying water repellent causing you buying more things (might come with it) but it's still not safe or not even 50% protected unlike certain other brands is definitely rain protected and splashproof. Also, its cover trimming in leather is always had leather cracks problem after awhile. How to maintain this portion? If you use leather cleaner and conditioner, it might affect the canvas part when applying - how? Where got time! Why pay so much, yet still not durable... I find it's only suitable for indoor or under shade photographer. Just my 2¢. Hehe...:)

cheers

You're welcome and your points make sense. Seems like you really need a solid built waterproof case/bag that is highly durable and priced economically. I'm just wondering what bag would suit your waterproof + raincover + durability + budget needs:think:. Do enlighten if possible so I can consider too.

Btw, just to share again, my reasons for buying such an expensive, stylish, sleek, classy bag are for those occasions where i need to dress formal and shoot at the same time ;). Hope that clarifies your questions.

You're welcome and your points make sense. Seems like you really need a solid built waterproof case/bag that is highly durable and priced economically. I'm just wondering what bag would suit your waterproof + raincover + durability + budget needs:think:. Do enlighten if possible so I can consider too.

Btw, just to share again, my reasons for buying such an expensive, stylish, sleek, classy bag are for those occasions where i need to dress formal and shoot at the same time ;). Hope that clarifies your questions.

Price is not an issue to me but the goods should be durable and reliable or justified with the amount. Could be the founder has overlooked that. There is no such thing as waterproof, if watertight or splashproof YES! I do outdoor photography most of the time. I gained several experiences with bad weather in the middle of doing my photo shooting - I wish I can shoot in the rain or during bad weather but where can I find a really waterproof gear (I think not at this point of time). For your case, I would advice you stick to Billi if you not particular unless you do outdoor photography.

Cheers.

I have had 2 pro's in both canvas and a small in fibernyte.

Based on experience, after awhile, the canvas will start to fray, not noticeable at a glance, but this will cause water to wick into the canvas much more easily and water will not bead off as easily. The khaki would turn darker as it absorbed the water as any fabric/paper etc.

My fibernyte bags after 2-3 years still repel water quite well, so i must say that fibernyte is the more water resistant material.

They are definitely not water proof, but with the fibernyte i would be confident that i can run around in the rain for awhile without my gear getting wet.

No billingham here, but just for fun ;)

[video=youtube;S0wLqStdXNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wLqStdXNw[/video]

Last edited:
thanks for the good review..

dubaiphotography said:
can i purchase this online....

I did. On Qoo10.sg

Price is not an issue to me but the goods should be durable and reliable or justified with the amount. Could be the founder has overlooked that. There is no such thing as waterproof, if watertight or splashproof YES! I do outdoor photography most of the time. I gained several experiences with bad weather in the middle of doing my photo shooting - I wish I can shoot in the rain or during bad weather but where can I find a really waterproof gear (I think not at this point of time). For your case, I would advice you stick to Billi if you not particular unless you do outdoor photography.

Cheers.

I think everyone's needs and requirements for bags are different.

I, for one, am one of those people unimpressed with billinghams. I need toughness and reliability over looks, utility/feature over form. That is why I ended up with mostly Think Tank bags. But that is not to say Billingham bags are not good... just that they are not what I am looking for.