Review of Billingham F-stop 1.4

FDx84

Jan 9, 2009
Sengkang
dxf08.blogspot.com
Hi, i have been asking around for recommendation here. And i think its time i give back! :)

Just got back from HK, wanted to get a hardley pro, but it was out of stock. 107 series is beautiful but the price is pretty ex.. and at this time, F-stop caught my eye. It has a very simple and classic camera bag design, prehaps its simplicity attracted me.

Front View
1_zps1938e6fc.jpg

Angled Front View
2_zpsf2104a5f.jpg

Back View
3_zpsc9614fc7.jpg

The rear compartment is abit tight.. during my trip. my hp, wallet n passport is being kept there..
4_zpsae8b3ff0.jpg

Inner Compartment
5_zpsdf8588b9.jpg

Its like the classic design with only 2 dividers provided. the compartment cant be removed like hardley series though.
there is a compartment allocated for Ipad which is v useful for those who carry ipads around.

7_zpse140b5bd.jpg

IPad at the compartment designed for it.
EX58- mkII flash at the left followed by GOpro resting on top of 18-55 kit lens, 24-105 F4L and my Canon 450D body only. There r still space to put other stuffs with proper allocation.

There is another compartment at the front.. where i kept my filters, sd cards and extra batt.

Conclusion:

2) Ipad compartment.

Dislike:
1)It would be gd to have some smaller compartments to store things.. but if this really bothers u, just go for thinktank. haha

Thats all! not very gd in doing review but hope its gd enough!

Cheers everyone! Happy 2013!!

Last edited:
Happy new year too !

Thanks, and nice pictures. The F-Stop 1.4 is my workhorse Billingham bag after the L2, both similar in looks.

My main choice for Billingham was the durability (the distributor claims he uses his Hadley daily for 15++ years), and then it boiled down to these two, 1.4 and L2, as they fit my camera stuff well, and were light enough in weight (every 100 grams is critical for my weak shoulders :)). I use the 1.4 when I bring longer lenses or a bigger DSLR; otherwise, the L2 is great.

Having both bags, I can move inserts between each one to create smaller compartments if needed, and even some salvaged from older non-Billingham bags.

Personally, the only things I wish for were that the front straps were replaceable like the Hadley's, and that they had more comfortable shoulder pads than the SP40 or SP50.

Nice work on the review. The pro sells out pretty fast at tin cheung but the 1.4 is an excellent choice nevertheless.

Congratulations!