Reverse mounting lense on Nikon D5000 for macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

showstoprakesh

Mar 12, 2011
:confused:I was getting bored this morning and I set out on a DIY reverse mount thingy on my D5000 for some macro photography. I scavenged an old body cap I had and cut its center open. Then I used an old UV filter and removed its lens. Then attached it on the body cap so the screw grooves are pointed out. After tidying up everything i tried it on my D5000 but damn it doesn't work.

The camera says there is no lens attached! Is there a way to override this? Or did I did something wrong? Or even better, was I totally hectic to set out on this with the D5000 body?

Please help me, I don't want my 2 hours toil to to vain!:sweat: Please help me out guys, let the cat out please!

Thank you in advance!

showstoprakesh said:
:confused:I was getting bored this morning and I set out on a DIY reverse mount thingy on my D5000 for some macro photography. I scavenged an old body cap I had and cut its center open. Then I used an old UV filter and removed its lens. Then attached it on the body cap so the screw grooves are pointed out. After tidying up everything i tried it on my D5000 but damn it doesn't work.

The camera says there is no lens attached! Is there a way to override this? Or did I did something wrong? Or even better, was I totally hectic to set out on this with the D5000 body?

Please help me, I don't want my 2 hours toil to to vain!:sweat: Please help me out guys, let the cat out please!

Thank you in advance!

There's no lens contacts for reverse mounting, of course the camera doesn't recognize it. Just set everything including the the focusing on the body to manual and shoot away, it will still work.

It says 'lens not attached' right? just use manual mode, and if you need flash switch the flash from TTL to manual as well.

Thank you guys it works perfect now!

Status
Not open for further replies.