Reverse Lense Macro for Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.

farsidepack

Sep 8, 2009
SEMBAWANG
good day everyone, I made some reading about the reverse lense macro technique. But most of the stuff ive seen is for canon, I am a nikon user.

Is this safe and what are view about this...

could anybody care to share their ideas.

Defnitely doable for Nikon as well :bsmilie:

The BR-2A is a nice chromic sturdy adapter mounts on the F mount on one face, and a 52mm on the other, so u can reverse mount say a 50mm onto it. Remember to reverse mount a lens with aperture ring so u can adjust the aperture!

the only catch is no metering, and when u step down to small apertures, it becomes very dim to shoot and lighting might be an issue. but still fun to use!

ryan

good day everyone, I made some reading about the reverse lense macro technique. But most of the stuff ive seen is for canon, I am a nikon user.

Is this safe and what are view about this...

could anybody care to share their ideas.

Plenty of ways... you can use male to male couplers, BR-2A, Model K extension rings, etc...

And they can be pretty fun once you know how to work with them. ;)

here are some instand coffee granules.

You can try reverse macro with a male to male coupling ring. I have one to let go as i'm not using anymore if u are interested

the only catch is no metering, and when u step down to small apertures, it becomes very dim to shoot and lighting might be an issue. but still fun to use!

ryan

i think there is some form of metering still.. at least with the higher end bodies. can't find any links to support this though

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1647857&l=28db14715a&id=528582969

i think i used aperture priority mode. so the camera just set the speed. the exposure was quite OK. comparable to normally mounted mode. i use a d300 btw

with my previous camera, d40x. no such luck. must do manual exposure and check LCD.

i think there is some form of metering still.. at least with the higher end bodies. can't find any links to support this though

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1647857&l=28db14715a&id=528582969

i think i used aperture priority mode. so the camera just set the speed. the exposure was quite OK. comparable to normally mounted mode. i use a d300 btw

with my previous camera, d40x. no such luck. must do manual exposure and check LCD.

D200 and above does support metering for the older AI lenses which does not have a digital feedback via the coupling, so you still can meter, but you must pre-set the aperture value onto the camera manually in order for this to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.