Reverse 50mm Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyxx88

Nov 17, 2004
Hi Guys

First time doing reverse 50mm shots. It was a tough one to use effectively :p

Anyways, here's some shots to share. C&C are welcome :)

If anyone can help identify some of the weird looking bugs, please leave a note in this thread. For some of the spiders, I couldn't even figure out where its head/abdomen was sometimes!! Only after they start moving, then can get some idea :bsmilie:

DSC_5319.jpg

DSC_5411.jpg

DSC_5435.jpg

i like ur #3 pic... seem it having a good time..

#6 is great! very nice composition, like it.

Thanks :). Actually, thinking whether I should use the 100% crop version (can see more details) for my desktop wallpaper.

WOW

First attempt and you can get this kind of result
I'm also planning to try macro
Can you share you setup? Like maybe pictures of your gear also so can learn to do such macros
Thanks

i like ur #3 pic... seem it having a good time..

Heh! Heh! I had a lot of trouble shooting this guy. Why? Because I assumed it had black eyes & I kept getting out of focus shots!! Only after I took a closer look at it, I realized it doesn't have black eyes, and also... it looks like its cross-eyed too!! :bsmilie:

WOW

First attempt and you can get this kind of result
I'm also planning to try macro
Can you share you setup? Like maybe pictures of your gear also so can learn to do such macros
Thanks

Thankie :)

If you are trying macro for the first time, suggest you read some of the old threads here to get a feel for the type of equipment used & the budget for each type of setup. Because each setup (and budget) can bring you different type of results.

My setup was very simple, a 50mm reverse ring (BR-2A), 50mm f/1.8 lens, SB-800 flash. All other settings were manual.

#3 is a derbid bug.

#3 is a derbid bug.

Oooh... ok. Now I can google it to find out more. And, thanks for dropping by :). Your shots have been very inspiring.

which camera are you using? what was focusing distance like?

thanks!

which camera are you using? what was focusing distance like?

thanks!

Nikon D70. Guesstimate the working distance to be about 8cm from end of lens.

Ya man, 1 more upz for #2!
Look like a metallic bug

DSC_5435.jpg

This little guy looks funny. Cross-eyed??:)
Excellent shots by the way!

whoa! i might just try the reversal ring on my D70!

whoa! i might just try the reversal ring on my D70!

You really gonna try that? Good for you :). But need tons of patience hor... peering thru' the viewfinder for manual focusing, adjust aperture/shutter/flash also manual :sweat: . Then the wind starts blowing... everything OOF liow.

Anyway, the setup is quite cheap. Reversal ring is about $30 or so.

But, you will get better with practice :). So, shoot more!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...not easy doing reverse macro :sweat: :bsmilie: .....wind blows bye bye....

true, true... it was my first time trying reverse 50mm. tougher than what i did before:
- DOF is even shallower
- working distance is abt 8cm or less (guesstimate only)
- when you stop down aperture, your viewfinder goes so dim, you cannot focus anymore
- backache from all the stooping down

Status
Not open for further replies.