Reverse 28mm with K20D (Insects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
For the benefit of alanswan, posting these in a new thread instead of the Pentax photos. These are taken with in-build flash only;) If anyone wanna see eyes let me know:bsmilie:

IMGP0026copy.jpg

IMGP0033copy.jpg

IMGP0045copy.jpg

wah..really need to find time to learn macro from u liao!

wah..really need to find time to learn macro from u liao!

If you interested maybe I can organise a short macro sharing workshop in Sept. Since Jul has a product sharing workshop and Aug I'll be busy with various doggie events, the earliest will be Sept^^;

Longko your macro pics gonna scare Alanswan outta here..:bsmilie: Nice macros.

Longko your macro pics gonna scare Alanswan outta here..:bsmilie: Nice macros.

lol Don't wanna stress him too much, so did a seperate thread lor.

Anyway some 100% cropped w/USM

IMGP0033copy100-1.jpg

IMGP0045copy100-1.jpg

Longko, one thing I don't understand.. don't you have to go very near to these insects? Wont they fly away?

Longko, one thing I don't understand.. don't you have to go very near to these insects? Wont they fly away?

When you take the fly out from the freezer, its nearly frozen, take some time to defrost:bsmilie::bsmilie: It will be still for you to capture.

Well, Longko will answer you....:D

otc

Or mebbe Longko's real name is Harry Potter, he can cast a petrifucus totalus on these insects.... |||

Amazing stuff as always :)

Thx for ur kind words^^

Yeap have to go really close, it's all about how you approach, need to be slow and gentle. You don't get scare if a cloud cast a its shadow upon you right? Most insects get scared by our movement, so if you can control your handling and movement well enough it's possible. Of course it may take a few tries to get one good shot.;)

When you take the fly out from the freezer, its nearly frozen, take some time to defrost:bsmilie::bsmilie: It will be still for you to capture.

Well, Longko will answer you....:D

otc

Liquid nitro. lol

Wow... Longko... you must be damn good man... I have problems even swatting a fly... Guess I'll have to practice it out.. I just asked the local shop here.. the Reverse adaptor cost RM120. That's about... SGD50 bucks.

Wow... Longko... you must be damn good man... I have problems even swatting a fly... Guess I'll have to practice it out.. I just asked the local shop here.. the Reverse adaptor cost RM120. That's about... SGD50 bucks.

huh why so ex? Get from ebay, it only cost <S$20 include shipping.

My macro only so-so lah, compared to other CS bro in macro section. Actually extreme macro best use prosumer + raynox DCR-250. It's way lighter, so you'll get better control, instead of heavy DSLR.;)

Yeah... I felt it's too pricey also. Guess I'll try to source online. Thanks for the tip bro..

get your adaptor from feng wei. i got mine from him at less than SGD20. :bsmilie:

longko i am about to sell away my reverse lens set up due to lack of interest. but i think your pic, as usual inspired me again. :thumbsup:

I attempted this reverse lens thingy and realized that it's really a BIG BIG challenge trying to get it into focus. The more I in awe when I look at Longko's insect pics!
Okay, well, I've shot a small flower bud (which is about 5mm big). I don't have a reverse ring yet, so, I just held the lens againts my camera. I'm using at DA18-55mm kit lens set at around 28mm. No PP done.. only used CS4 to resize and crop it.

F1.jpg

100% crop
F1_crop.jpg

F2.jpg

100% crop
F2_crop.jpg

What I learnt is.. if there's dust particles on your sensor, you'll see it very clearly when u take these kind of shots

Last edited:
Posted some taken about an hour ago here;
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467083&page=32

epileatheral, get the reverse adapter, also try use a prime. Reason is if u hold too long dust will get into the sensor. Also kit lens is a DA lens with no aperture ring, it's hard to see as it's normally at most narrow aperture. Anyway, I believe u'll do just fine with insects with a little practise;)

longko i am about to sell away my reverse lens set up due to lack of interest. but i think your pic, as usual inspired me again. :thumbsup:

lol, don't sell away lah. Anyway these are pretty old photos from last yr. Can always try ask otc if you wanna do macro mah.

Yeah... I was just experimenting with it. In the process of getting a reverse ring tru e-bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.