reversal ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
hi,

i recently got a set of reversal rings to try my hand at marco work with my minolta 404si. However, the camera doesnt seem to want to fire the shutter when it doesnt "detect" a lens (cause the reversal ring is in place). Is there a way i can bypass this safety feature?

Thanx,
Al

TME

Jan 19, 2002
Clementi
reactan said:
hi,

i recently got a set of reversal rings to try my hand at marco work with my minolta 404si. However, the camera doesnt seem to want to fire the shutter when it doesnt "detect" a lens (cause the reversal ring is in place). Is there a way i can bypass this safety feature?

Thanx,
Al

U should be able to change this setting in the custom function. U have to read your manual to see if it is included on the 404. I think only the higher end cameras have this feature - shutter release without lens.....

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
TME said:
U should be able to change this setting in the custom function. U have to read your manual to see if it is included on the 404. I think only the higher end cameras have this feature - shutter release without lens.....

dont see it in the manual.... thanks anyway! :dunno:

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
czeyang said:
Press and hold the P and Self Timer switches with Function Dial at ME while sliding the Main Switch to ON.

To turn back to original:
Do it again

http://www.35mm.freeserve.co.uk/mug/af-tips.html
WOW!! Great thanx, i was about to write off this purchase as a foolish purchase. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom