Reusing of chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
hey guys ... i understand tat fixer can be re-use for around another 4 times right ???

then wat would be the required time for the re-use of fixer? would the timing be doubled? say, brand new fixer will required 3 mins, 2nd usage would be 6 mins, 3rd usage would be 9 mins and so on ??? is it ??? or is there another method of timing???

thanks

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Timing is not critical. I usually reuse fixer quite a lot of times, and leave the film in about 5 minutes.

To test your fixer solution, snip off a small piece of exposed but undeveloped negative film and drop it into the fixer, then time how long it takes for it to become completely transparent. Anything over 10 minutes means it's time to change your fixer.

If you're stingy like me and want to get your money's worth out of your fixer, you can put the film through 2 fixer baths, say Fixer A and Fixer B. Fixer A is old solution, and Fixer B is fresh fixer solution. When Fixer A is completely exhausted, you pour Fixer B into Fixer A and make a fresh solution of Fixer B. A bit more leceh, but you make sure your negatives are properly fixed.

greg

Jul 24, 2002
West_ray said:
hey guys ... i understand tat fixer can be re-use for around another 4 times right ???

then wat would be the required time for the re-use of fixer? would the timing be doubled? say, brand new fixer will required 3 mins, 2nd usage would be 6 mins, 3rd usage would be 9 mins and so on ??? is it ??? or is there another method of timing???

thanks
.. why not come to the free B&W talk and ask the master printer himself? don't miss this event...

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50290&highlight=heartlands

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
street, a bit confusing, but understand wat u trying to say ... will give it a try though ~~~ ... thanks~

greg ... thanks for informing me !

Status
Not open for further replies.