Reunion Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Well this Lynx also planned to have its own Chinese New Year reunion dinner....though by himself (loner!). Not sure what it ate, but it was a real flat insect.....not sure how much it was into it when I saw it.

Its a montage and posted afew of it in full.
Anyway, appreciate your comments!

FZ10 with CU filters (some with 6T only, some with 6T+Sigma CU, and some with reverse lens)
+Ext bounce flash, F8, ISO50, various speeds

#1:Montage
54169677-L.jpg

#2: Side view
1/125s
Taken with 6T filter only.
54151626-M.jpg

#3: Hanging down
1/125s
6T+Sigma CU
54151985-M.jpg

#4:Close up
Reverse lens
1/400s
54151344-M.jpg

as always, your posts are an inspiration in their technical and artistic value :)

i hope your own reunion dinner was far more appetizing!

Heh heh...Thanks musicalai!

looks like it sucked the living daylights out of its meal ;)

great macro photography as always from ya :thumbsup:

metallilan said:
looks like it sucked the living daylights out of its meal ;)

great macro photography as always from ya :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Not only does it suck it dry, it can rotate the prey around...saw it rotate front to back. Can see the position of the prey at the different pics....

redstone said:
Very nice shots! :)

I think that's a scale insect, it's a very flat insect covered by armour. ;)

Thanks for the ID! Never heard of it before, so learnt something today! THANKS!

cool! i like the face in #4.

#3 has interesting balance between the eater and the eaten. nice contrast between the yellow and the red.

I was wondering from the title if you took your reunion dinner's macro... hahaha :bsmilie:

Nice catch on #4. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Pai and CYRN!

impressive.... its so good that its freaking me out... haha

The WB look a little odd to me. A slight yellow tint. Composition wise, I like #3.

I really envy the cream smooth BG you achieve with your set up. It's very difficult to achieve that with my current setup.

namska said:
impressive.... its so good that its freaking me out... haha

Thanks namska!

melvynyeo said:
The WB look a little odd to me. A slight yellow tint. Composition wise, I like #3.

I really envy the cream smooth BG you achieve with your set up. It's very difficult to achieve that with my current setup.

Hi Mel, glad you are back!....so can see your pics again soon!;)

WB wise, my FZ usually have a bit of yellow tint, but I always compensate it manually to a slight bluish cast on the camera....and during PS, I add some more blue in colour balance....any more, the whites will become blue!:bsmilie:

Anyway, as to smooth BG, I am not sure if its due to camera set up or not....but I think its more of positioning the camera. Sometimes just a slight shift, the BG can totally change. And for this particular Lynx, it was on a single stalk, so kind of easy to isolate it....had to bend two closeby stalks away in the process.

Also, some of your shots also have smooth BG right?

CY

very nice shots. thanks God that you posted these pics after my reunion dinner.:) (we had!)
#1 montage: Bottom, left corner shot.->> right half is blurred, was this delibrately done?

Steplim said:
very nice shots. thanks God that you posted these pics after my reunion dinner.:) (we had!)
#1 montage: Bottom, left corner shot.->> right half is blurred, was this delibrately done?

Heh heh thanks!

The bottom left corner shot was taken with reverse lens, so the blurred image is inherently due to the very shallow DOF of this set up...so not deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.