Reunion Dinner Budget 2009

Reunion Lunch/Dinner Budget 2009

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3in1c

Oct 23, 2008
East
With the crisis and so on, what are your plans for this year reunion dinner? I suppose some of us already made plans, why not share with us? Some of us could be busy with work and so on, hence it will be great to have options for consideration. Fresh new ideas welcome!

For example, if your budget is Below $100, tell us where you are planning to dine, or what you gonna have for lunch/dinner. Will be great to share where you buy as well.

Last edited:
4 out 11 voted going to spend less than $100. Care to share?

r u referring to 1 person budget or the whole family?
My budget around $200-300 for 2 adults 2 children :)

r u referring to 1 person budget or the whole family?
My budget around $200-300 for 2 adults 2 children :)

Whole family, may include your kins as well. Thank you for voting

why be a carrot and eat outside? You can cook and eat at home for less than 100 for family of four.... I see no reason to spend big big eat at restaurant just because its cny..

why be a carrot and eat outside? You can cook and eat at home for less than 100 for family of four.... I see no reason to spend big big eat at restaurant just because its cny..

Hhahah carrot, we have a few spending $500 and above for the dinner. You are right, $100 for 4 inhouse dinner is sufficient. I am having it at my house this year since we have been eating out for past few year. I guess its a one in a year thing to meddle around the kitchen and getting hands dirty.There may not be abalone, shark's fin etc. But most importantly, the family gets together in a homely place.

this is the time of the year where food quality may not be at its best. its mass cooking for most restaurants. on top of it, you pay a premium because of the auspicious names on the menu.

as for yu sheng, its only a plate of veggie (and a small lump of fish meat) and they charge you $30 to $100 for that dish for one table.... its more than carrots they are chopping!

this is the time of the year where food quality may not be at its best. its mass cooking for most restaurants. on top of it, you pay a premium because of the auspicious names on the menu.

as for yu sheng, its only a plate of veggie (and a small lump of fish meat) and they charge you $30 to $100 for that dish for one table.... its more than carrots they are chopping!

Good one for carrots! Yes I agreed. 2 years back we went to this chinese restaurant that charges $888. Lousy fish, lousy service, and lousy environment. Best of all, they missed our reservation and we had to wait for half an hour. Well, needless to say some "good word of mouth" from my mother in law's friends.

The servers will usually rush dishes and make you eat like hungry ghosts then enjoying. Why? they have to give your table to next one coming.

That's why yu sheng got a lot of carrots what!
It's from all the carrot heads they have chopped!!! :bsmilie::bigeyes::bsmilie::bsmilie::eek:

Less than 3 weeks to CNY reunion!

My budget is always about $50 per head.

With the crisis and so on, what are your plans for this year reunion dinner? I suppose some of us already made plans, why not share with us? Some of us could be busy with work and so on, hence it will be great to have options for consideration. Fresh new ideas welcome!

For example, if your budget is Below $100, tell us where you are planning to dine, or what you gonna have for lunch/dinner. Will be great to share where you buy as well.

Cook at home? A lot might appreciate having steamboat at home.:thumbsup:

Good one for carrots! Yes I agreed. 2 years back we went to this chinese restaurant that charges $888. Lousy fish, lousy service, and lousy environment. Best of all, they missed our reservation and we had to wait for half an hour. Well, needless to say some "good word of mouth" from my mother in law's friends.

The servers will usually rush dishes and make you eat like hungry ghosts then enjoying. Why? they have to give your table to next one coming.

My thoughts exactly :)

For the past few years, as all my siblings entered the job market, everyone tries to be the 'filial' son/daughter so no one dare voice out that eating out for CNY eve dinner is really a poor choice. No one wants to be the 'cheapo' one in the familiy who "doesn't want to spend on deserving parents". However, the fact was that for all the cny dinners, they were always hurried (no chance to sit and chit chat), poor service (part time/busy staff), poor food (that was cooked earlier in the day and heated or unheated when served). Every dinner was marked by one of my siblings complaining to the supervisor or manager about this and that.

So last year, I decided to put my foot down and declare "No more restaurant dinners for cny eve this year". I would take a day off to cook and help out my mother. So for once in many years, the family could actually sit down in the most comfortable environment (where they grew up and call home), and have a dinner that had the best array of foods and at a fraction of the price we were always paying.

apparently i received calls from restuarant which we dine last year for booking enquiry. Replied we have already had plans. Although this one service and food is good, we decided to have 2 families together for reunion dinner at our place, where we can use our hands, speak loudly, laugh happily and eat till merry.

if you can afford to eat out, go for it. it will make quite a few housewives very happy as they can take a cooking break.

if you cant afford to eat out but want a lavish meal at home, watch out. this is the time of the year where seafood pricing will be at their peak.

abalone got cheaper this year, but that does not speak for fresh seafood and veggie.

if you dare, drag your groceries shopping till 12pm on new year eve. this is the time supermarkets will slash prices like never before esp ntuc.

if you want budget, go for the grand sale. but you may be scolded by your family if they all got wiped out by foreign blue collar workers.

if you can afford to eat out, go for it. it will make quite a few housewives very happy as they can take a cooking break.

if you cant afford to eat out but want a lavish meal at home, watch out. this is the time of the year where seafood pricing will be at their peak.

abalone got cheaper this year, but that does not speak for fresh seafood and veggie.

if you dare, drag your groceries shopping till 12pm on new year eve. this is the time supermarkets will slash prices like never before esp ntuc.

if you want budget, go for the grand sale. but you may be scolded by your family if they all got wiped out by foreign blue collar workers.

:thumbsup: points!

Actually even if seafood prices are extremely high on eve, it is still affordable. For example, a kg of fresh prawn cost $15, it may cost up to $25 then, should be sufficient for family of 6, unless someone eats prawn only for the dinner, then......

Status
Not open for further replies.