Retrench only as 'last resort'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard fm a fren who's fm NOL... its likely that more than 50 will be asked to leave.. seems like 50 was juz a convenient number to release to the press...
Also, there wasnt any known "efforts" announced to staffs on employee related cost reductions before the retrenchment.... only that they are reducing their capacity by laying up ships on some of their services

Last edited:
Heard fm a fren who's fm NOL... its likely that more than 50 will be asked to leave.. seems like 50 was juz a convenient number to release to the press...
Also, there wasnt any known "efforts" announced to staffs on employee related cost reductions before the retrenchment.... only that they are reducing their capacity by laying up ships on some of their services

and they say its those who dont have direct contact with customers, ie, their salary is peanuts normally, so how does that help? the experience i had was that wages can freeze, bonus can cut, but marketing people will still get big fat bonus.

think logic behind is, if they dont get business, everyone dies. so no sour grapes here. just curious how effective it is to cut cost by chopping lower level personel compare wage freeze, bonus and comission cut all across the board?:think:

and they say its those who dont have direct contact with customers, ie, their salary is peanuts normally, so how does that help? the experience i had was that wages can freeze, bonus can cut, but marketing people will still get big fat bonus.

think logic behind is, if they dont get business, everyone dies. so no sour grapes here. just curious how effective it is to cut cost by chopping lower level personel compare wage freeze, bonus and comission cut all across the board?:think:
Well different companies does things differently, some say ok let's see real figures how much savings but some say ok I just want to see headcount trim how many staff gone.

../azul123

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7741612.stm
I wasn't aware there was a party to begin with...seems like the poor average singaporean wasnt invited :bsmilie:

maybe the invitation is more like a job openning to serve those partying?! :bsmilie:

so some who were at the party were not partying but working. & those who were working had to be thankful for having a job. :rolleyes:

maybe the invitation is more like a job openning to serve those partying?! :bsmilie:

so some who were at the party were not partying but working. & those who were working had to be thankful for having a job. :rolleyes:

well i hope this means we see less dumb stuff like that vid of the brits bullying the rickshaw driver since people have less money for booze and partying now.

well i hope this means we see less dumb stuff like that vid of the brits bullying the rickshaw driver since people have less money for booze and partying now.

no man, a few of them will ride the rickshaw for free- they just run off in different directions!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.