Retrench only as 'last resort'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corret me if I'm wrong... isn't NOL held to 2/3 (and thus a controlling majority) by Temasek Holdings? What does it say if the government linked company ignores the government's request?

They didn't ignore Government's reguest.

They just didn't follow it that's all. :bsmilie:

Company should really use their cost saving measure until they have no more choices then they start retrenching

Just like my company, HR used up all measures to cut cost until the point that they decide to to further cut cost by resorting to the following method: for company DND, staff who are still under probation are not entitled to company lucky draw. This is to save money by purchasing lesser lucky draw prizes.

And in the whole company only 2 person are still under probation......

They didn't ignore Government's request.

They just didn't follow it that's all. :bsmilie:

gahmen should demand, not request. :devil:

sometimes people want demand

sometimes people want request

you say, sian or not this kind of position :bsmilie:

then how come the chinese government can pass a law saying that a company needs permission b4 they layoff more than 40 workers?
article here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7735205.stm

then how come the chinese government can pass a law saying that a company needs permission b4 they layoff more than 40 workers?
article here:

i throw one ball

you run to a court 8 miles away to catch it;

this is my last post to you on the matter because you cannot catch properly :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

wanna bet how much if the same is done here, also call wayang? grass is always greener on the other side.

i throw one ball

you run to a court 8 miles away to catch it;

this is my last post to you on the matter because you cannot catch properly :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

wanna bet how much if the same is done here, also call wayang? grass is always greener on the other side.

wayang or not there's proof at least that China's gov dun wayang. here all we got is dun retrench plz. i not interested in playing dodge ball with you but here's one thing for the community to see and educate themselves with.

Last edited:
sometimes people want demand

sometimes people want request

you say, sian or not this kind of position :bsmilie:

gahmen do what is right (or deemed to be), in trying times like these it does nobody any good by being popular. :nono:

i would like to be in that position for awhile till i sian. :sweatsm:

Last edited:
article here:

in a country so big yet a layoff of 40 workers do count, wad more of our tiny dot... :rolleyes:

dun compare la, i jealous arh... :sticktong

in a country so big yet a layoff of 40 workers do count, wad more of our tiny dot... :rolleyes:

dun compare la, i jealous arh... :sticktong

i think this is something that president elect obama could learn from too :bsmilie:

Another thing that was said is that FT first then locals, I wonder how they think that can be enforced?

../azul123

in trying times like these it does nobody any good by being popular. :nono:

politicians will be politicians

we're still not that bad; haven't reached america pop elections standards yet :devil:

Company should really use their cost saving measure until they have no more choices then they start retrenching

Just like my company, HR used up all measures to cut cost until the point that they decide to to further cut cost by resorting to the following method: for company DND, staff who are still under probation are not entitled to company lucky draw. This is to save money by purchasing lesser lucky draw prizes.

And in the whole company only 2 person are still under probation......

wah, bad times still got DND, i remember the company i once work in, 2-3years no DND, no increment, not bonus, but everyone understand. thats how the tri-partite should work.

Go police and apply permit for a "peaceful" demonstration outside DBS HQ?

at least the riot police got something to do and show off their new hardware.

all companies should have DnD....only then will CS snappers be able to bid for job....;)

politicians will be politicians

we're still not that bad; haven't reached america pop elections standards yet :devil:

You seem to forget that at least their politicians are answerable to the people they represent. There is a good reason why it is called "Public" Service.:rolleyes:

the best job you can have now is to be a student, you won't know the full impact of the axe or golden handshake until you are given one.
As a student, you can debate all you want about how things should be and not know a crap about what the industry is going through.

Anyway, just read on papers, internet news, digest and talk a load of theories but have little 'experience' (if any) on it.

Paper generals we have a lot in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.