Retire at 65??

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
The days of our lives are seventy years. And if by reason of strength they are eighty years.
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow....

Life is short. We should all retire at 50. We must learn to number our days.....

If you have money... 20 year old also can start your retirement...

If at 65/70/75 still can't afford to stop working... talk what of Retirement...

:think:

but cpf cannot take out. I have Max in medisave. Max out in special too

ordinary is low due to wipe out

but I think I can retire at 55 if I live a frugal life style

I realised that if I quit, I have less stress less health problem
I doI can have all the time I have in my whole life

working keeps you mentally fit but will make you physically weak

Think so much also no use. Just do whatever you like. You never know when you going to bye bye. I going 40 next year, just save up for a nice trip. If can live till 80, i still have another 40 to go. Just like repeating my life again. Ha ha!

Think so much also no use. Just do whatever you like. You never know when you going to bye bye. I going 40 next year, just save up for a nice trip. If can live till 80, i still have another 40 to go. Just like repeating my life again. Ha ha!

Wow... same same at the Age part... but difference in the saving part... saving for my marriage next year... then another happy headache if we have a mini-me...

but cpf cannot take out. I have Max in medisave. Max out in special too

ordinary is low due to wipe out

but I think I can retire at 55 if I live a frugal life style
Exactly, bro

I'll be bored to death when i retire :bsmilie:
Bored?? I hv got so many hobbies, photography included, that i hv to "rotate" to enjoy each of them, due to lack of time. LOL

Bored?? I hv got so many hobbies, photography included, that i hv to "rotate" to enjoy each of them, due to lack of time. LOL

Good for you. I like the contrast between work and breaks, because the breaks are just so much more welcome. In fact, when I take too long a break, I feel like I'm wasting my life just enjoying myself when there are things to do..

Anyways in recent years there's always been discussions on whether retiring later extends your lifestyle. Some studies say yes, some studies say no. I personally think it depends on the person. If you do not manage the job stress well, naturally it is going to take its toll on you especially at an old age. Of course, the amount of job stress also depends on your job.

Just do what you want, try to plan for it. Not everyone is going to be like you. If life was so uniform, it would be very, very, very boring.

The days of our lives are seventy years. And if by reason of strength they are eighty years.
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow....

Life is short. We should all retire at 50. We must learn to number our days.....

Why do you want to wait until 50 ? :bsmilie:

If you got the money, you can retire at 30 :bsmilie:

Why do you want to wait until 50 ? :bsmilie:

If you got the money, you can retire at 30 :bsmilie:
You don't even need to work in the first place. LOL.
I am referring to an avg Joe like me. Optimumlly, IMO, would be about there. Financially ok, kids old enough to be independent. And you still hv, ideally, another 20 to 30 yrs to enjoy

Wow... same same at the Age part... but difference in the saving part... saving for my marriage next year... then another happy headache if we have a mini-me...

Congrats and all the best. I also going to 'marry' to time lapse. Ha ha! Going to celebrate 40 years of life with 1 hour drive of Ferrari at Italy. Heh heh!

It would be a nice prospect to retire at 50 with a young 18-year-old wife from Vietnam. :bsmilie:

ya, why not?
you only live once, but you could marry twice, ya? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.