Results are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokin

Dec 18, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
The results of balloting of tickets for NDP is out. Anyone received a call from the organisers?

nokin said:
The results of balloting of tickets for NDP is out. Anyone received a call from the organisers?

screw the balloting. u wanna celebrate the nation's birthday, u jolly well work hard for the tickets. i cant believe the organising committee is converting from last time's qeuing to the now unfair way of balloting. :think:

jonlou said:
screw the balloting. u wanna celebrate the nation's birthday, u jolly well work hard for the tickets. i cant believe the organising committee is converting from last time's qeuing to the now unfair way of balloting. :think:

Sorry I may not be as well informed of the "now unfair way of balloting"

:dunno: :dunno: care to elaborate on your dissatisfaction :dunno: :dunno:

nokin said:
Sorry I may not be as well informed of the "now unfair way of balloting"

:dunno: :dunno: care to elaborate on your dissatisfaction :dunno: :dunno:

as in, the WAY of getting the tickets....u sure work for it! :think: not 'bet' on it??? balloting is just like betting in order to 'WIN' the tickets .... i find queing definitely more appropiate.... and it goes to show the sincererity of many Singaporeans who wants to celebrate the Nation's birthday.

jonlou said:
as in, the WAY of getting the tickets....u sure work for it! :think: not 'bet' on it??? balloting is just like betting in order to 'WIN' the tickets .... i find queing definitely more appropiate.... and it goes to show the sincererity of many Singaporeans who wants to celebrate the Nation's birthday.

Ah! I see your point now.

nokin said:
Ah! I see your point now.

yeap. i always opposed that idea. lets not zoom into this topic anymore before i escalate this into a political discussion!!! wahahahaha.... :bsmilie:

jonlou said:

i m assuming you are one of those who "worked hard" for it?
Under normal circumstances...only students and those that can get leaves easily (are there such jobs?) will be able to achieve that feat.
For the rest... do they not love their homeland and not want to join in the joyous occasion??
I beg to differ.
Not forgetting the old and the very young whom cant "work hard" for one reason or another.

Some called it fair...some dont, it depends on which side of the cherry that you're biting.
:rolleyes:

ralph said:
Under normal circumstances...only students and those that can get leaves easily (are there such jobs?) will be able to achieve that feat.
For the rest... do they not love their homeland and not want to join in the joyous occasion??
I beg to differ.
Not forgetting the old and the very young whom cant "work hard" for one reason or another.

Some called it fair...some dont, it depends on which side of the cherry that you're biting.
Exactly. Having been in involved in medical cover for a NDP tickets issuance, you see all the Ah Pek and Ah Soh roughing it out in the heat and cold, really makes your heart bleed. Every year you get a few people fainting and getting seriously dehydrated, you wonder if there isn't a more humane way of doing it. Why risk the health of the young and elderly just so that they can get tickets?

ralph said:
I beg to differ.

then again, if the great singapore sale can attract soo many more working class adults + ppl of all over the society range, i dun see why Singaporeans cant que 4 such a joyus occassion. for the benefit of doubt, the time of the tickets that will be released will always be on a sunday morning. the kiasu freaks will turn up the most on friday evening onwards. from there, queing 4 the WEEKEND... AND yes. i admit i WORKED, HARD for the past parades i've been to. then again, from my experiences, i saw many families coming together camp over the tickets as well. not only does it boost familiy ties, its not a everyday feat. u can que for such an event. and trust me, from my 3 yrs experiencing queing at the camps for the tickets, i've seen all sorts of Singaporeans ranging from kids of 3 yrs old to grandparents up to 80.

maybe they shud work out a rather better plan for the distribution of the tickets.

dkw said:
Exactly. Having been in involved in medical cover for a NDP tickets issuance, you see all the Ah Pek and Ah Soh roughing it out in the heat and cold, really makes your heart bleed. Every year you get a few people fainting and getting seriously dehydrated, you wonder if there isn't a more humane way of doing it. Why risk the health of the young and elderly just so that they can get tickets?

i'm absolutely sure with no doubts that the organising committee CAN come out with a better queing solution to the distribution. i'll leave the brainstorming to those organising it.

At least for this year, the Heartless Party allowed the old and sick to ballot for a ticket... Spare a thought for them, jonlou, for they are not as nimble or light-spirited as the young ones.

jonlou said:

Elizabeth Tan said:
At least for this year, the Heartless Party allowed the old and sick to ballot for a ticket... Spare a thought for them, jonlou, for they are not as nimble or light-spirited as the young ones.

like i said, the organising team can improvise the queing situation better. like ppl to call in or something to 'chop' places first then collect the tickets later at MULTIPLE places....think about it. really. it can certainly be improvised. :think:

jonlou said:
like i said, the organising team can improvise the queing situation better. like ppl to call in or something to 'chop' places first then collect the tickets later at MULTIPLE places....think about it. really. it can certainly be improvised. :think:

So, how is this better than balloting? Merely a variation isn't it, a-la fastest fingers first. Since you feel so strongly about it why don't you come up with a solution instead of sniping from the sidelines :dunno: . By saying "let the organising team come up with something", you have effectively abdicated your moral position on this matter. As far as family time goes, I think there are better ways of spending a weekend afternoon with your family than queing at Clementi Camp parade square. Its a miracle that nobody has been seriously hurt in all these years.

I started this thread as a form of info. to let everyone know that the orgainising committe is beginning to call up applicants of succesful ballots. I'm sorry if it has turned out to be a point of debate.

But nonetheless, there's always two sides of the coin. Some approve of the the new balloting scheme and some don't.

As mentioned, there are those who are senior in age not having to brave the sun and rain, camp outdoors for 1 or 2 days in queue for the tickets. Genuinely, there are lots of senior citizens who in the past years would greatly want to celebrate the Nation's birthday at the stadium but have been denied the opportunity as they cannot afford the stamina in queue. Don't forget that these are the people who played a part in the early years of our Nation building, they all in one way or another have contributed to the building of Our Nation. At least now, they have a fair chance of securing a ticket without having to brave the sun and rain for it.

dkw said:
So, how is this better than balloting? Merely a variation isn't it, a-la fastest fingers first. Since you feel so strongly about it why don't you come up with a solution instead of sniping from the sidelines :dunno: . By saying "let the organising team come up with something", you have effectively abdicated your moral position on this matter. As far as family time goes, I think there are better ways of spending a weekend afternoon with your family than queing at Clementi Camp parade square. Its a miracle that nobody has been seriously hurt in all these years.

u think they care abt watever that u wanna suggest. pls. i do not wish to escalate this discussion into a political kind of tok. :sweat:

Perhaps repeat the whole thing 7 times! a one week holiday cum celebration lor. Simple enough right? :blah:

ralph said:
I beg to differ.

I agree, my old father wants to go, but too old to queue. So how? I have to work hard to contribute to the economy and pay my tax. Balloting is fair since I get the chance to go, so did my father who went last year!

Balloting is the right way to go. The rich and poor can celebrate NDP together instead of the usual crowd whom you see in the queue year in and out on the news. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.