Restless - Stationary emotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperD

Going to start a mini-series on this :)

Here's something to start it off - "Restless"

Restless.jpg

Comments welcomed! ;)

from wat i see here.. if only you could leave out the trees, it would be much better..then again..we can't always have wat we want can we... ;)

sniperD, i like the sense of perspective there.. new, fresh and unusual..its a break from the more common shots taken..:thumbsup:

then again..thats wat photography is abt.. showing other ur perspective.. :D

OT: anyway..wonder if we can get permission to shoot at a construction site during sunday..hehehe... :think:

ralphii82sg said:
from wat i see here.. if only you could leave out the trees, it would be much better..then again..we can't always have wat we want can we... ;)

sniperD, i like the sense of perspective there.. new, fresh and unusual..its a break from the more common shots taken..:thumbsup:

then again..thats wat photography is abt.. showing other ur perspective.. :D

OT: anyway..wonder if we can get permission to shoot at a construction site during sunday..hehehe... :think:

Hey man, thanks for the comments. Glad someone understood where I'm coming from ;)

Hahha... you want to shoot @ construction site ahh... come to my area lah... the S'pore Sports School is still expanding and this shot was taken there when I drove pass. I think if you want, you can try speaking to the site sup. and see if you can take some. Just say you are a journalist-OJT :devil: Going to try that someday.. heehee..

How are you doing man.. long time no hear from ya... :) 1/2 day off today??

i visit construction sites v often... so when i see a photo of tower cranes winding down for the night, the emotion i feel is "relief"... it's the end of another work day!

;)

SniperD said:
Hey man, thanks for the comments. Glad someone understood where I'm coming from ;)

Hahha... you want to shoot @ construction site ahh... come to my area lah... the S'pore Sports School is still expanding and this shot was taken there when I drove pass. I think if you want, you can try speaking to the site sup. and see if you can take some. Just say you are a journalist-OJT :devil: Going to try that someday.. heehee..

How are you doing man.. long time no hear from ya... :) 1/2 day off today??

OT a little.. I'm doing alrite.. how abt u?? ;) yah..clearing 1/2 day today..eh, if u really go construction site shoot, must jio okie..at most i say i ur assistant..ahahah~ :D

well royce..to me, not every pic has to be sharp and clear..same as to, not every clear and sharp pic is nice.. well.. its all abt wat kind of shooting style one eventually adapts/develops..then again..only sniperD can tell u wat he was trying to show or wat kind of feeling/emotion he's trying to potray.. to me..its a nice pic with a very different perspective ;)

ralphii82sg said:
OT a little.. I'm doing alrite.. how abt u?? ;) yah..clearing 1/2 day today..eh, if u really go construction site shoot, must jio okie..at most i say i ur assistant..ahahah~ :D

well royce..to me, not every pic has to be sharp and clear..same as to, not every clear and sharp pic is nice.. well.. its all abt wat kind of shooting style one eventually adapts/develops..then again..only sniperD can tell u wat he was trying to show or wat kind of feeling/emotion he's trying to potray.. to me..its a nice pic with a very different perspective ;)

OT: Yeah, I'm good :) thinkgs are picking up a little at a time.. hope to do more but everything has a place in time .. heh heh. You sold off your cam gears right.. again?! What are you aiming for now? :devil:
Construction sites, sure sure... must show you this place that you can catch very interesting perspectives near the school.....

Royce, I will explain my motive and idea behind this shot after I have compiled the rest in this mini-series... do stay tuned! :)

Dun worry, everyone's entitled to his/ her comments. Some will like this shot, many will ask me go fly kite with visual crap like this one:)

SniperD said:
Going to start a mini-series on this :)

Here's something to start it off -

Restless.jpg

Comments welcomed! ;)

Hey SniperD! I really like your approach in the image. However, the street lamp at the bottom left corner is rather distracting. Think it might be better if you crop the image a bit, to exclude the street lamp. That could also bring the crane more towards the center of the picture.

Anyway, did you underexpose your shot? Was it taken on a tripod?

cheatchu79 said:
Hey SniperD! I really like your approach in the image. However, the street lamp at the bottom left corner is rather distracting. Think it might be better if you crop the image a bit, to exclude the street lamp. That could also bring the crane more towards the center of the picture.

Anyway, did you underexpose your shot? Was it taken on a tripod?

actually there's a reason for leaving the lamppost there. For a scale of perspective. It may be a eye-sore for it's only bright spot amidst all the dark areas but that's the whole point of it.. Raw, unnerved and straightforward.
Thanks for the idea but I want to experiment with breaking the common convention of shots like this :)

Nope.. It was well-exposed but I toned it down using the Green Channel before saving as a grayscale file. & Nope, it's a grab shot.

good, simple mood :thumbsup:

SniperD said:
actually there's a reason for leaving the lamppost there. For a scale of perspective. It may be a eye-sore for it's only bright spot amidst all the dark areas but that's the whole point of it.. Raw, unnerved and straightforward.
Thanks for the idea but I want to experiment with breaking the common convention of shots like this :)

Nope.. It was well-exposed but I toned it down using the Green Channel before saving as a grayscale file. & Nope, it's a grab shot.

Thanks for the explanation. Come to think of it, it does look a bit different. Hope you manage to master a creative technique from your experimentation! :D

SniperD said:
Here's another one to the mini-series:

Yearn.jpg

Simpler concept ;)

i like this pciture

Status
Not open for further replies.