Rest, and Relax...

Shuttercrab

Nov 23, 2009
West
IMG_3348_.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Overall composition, the mood (does it bring out the "relax" feel?), and colours.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To bring out the "relaxed at the end of the day" feel, with the beautiful colors of the sunset in the background.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Those were my feet :bsmilie: i sat there, with my legs on a fence, and took a picture of my feet, using my right foot to "shield" part of the sun to prevent overexposure.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Think the picture looks alright on the whole, but not sure what others think.

I did crop the pic slightly to make it look more focused on the feet. It was taken when I was in Australia ;p

silhouettes can work, but here, i just see a mess of black, with two feet growing out of it.

i can't say that this photo works for me.

nice try...

but it looks really weird~! haha..

it would be nicer if it was a third person taking you... from further away...

silhouettes can work, but here, i just see a mess of black, with two feet growing out of it.

i can't say that this photo works for me.

i think it's only an "ok" pic, something is missing.. but now that u mentioned it, it does look like there's alot of black! maybe i shld've tried capturing more of the sky instead.. thanks for commenting!

nice try...

but it looks really weird~! haha..

it would be nicer if it was a third person taking you... from further away...

yeah that's a good idea actually, but there's no third person bcoz even my friends are too comfy sitting and watching the sunset haha!! just kidding ;p hmmm in what sense u think it's weird??

yeah that's a good idea actually, but there's no third person bcoz even my friends are too comfy sitting and watching the sunset haha!! just kidding ;p hmmm in what sense u think it's weird??

hmmm a person relaxing and watching the sunset won't be taking a photo of his own feet.. so thats kinda like the story doesn't fit the photo kinda thing.. like saying sleeping and then the person snap himself..

hmmm a person relaxing and watching the sunset won't be taking a photo of his own feet.. so thats kinda like the story doesn't fit the photo kinda thing.. like saying sleeping and then the person snap himself..

haha ic, i didn't think of that, thanks for the comments!

What i feel is that the title of the picture was thought after the shot, and not before. Correct me if im wrong.

I see u are trying to work the silhouette technique.

However, the picture does not exactly express "rest or relax".

The expression might feel correct from your angle, since u took this while resting and relaxing.

However, if u look at it from outside, from a viewer's point of view. We cannot understand how 2 foot is conveying relaxed or resting.

Rest/relax probably suggest something comfortable, carefree, chilling.

Like laying down, having a beer, beach chairs or things like that. U will need more than a pair of feet :)

The other alternative is to change the title of the picture, which would be a whole new difference already. ;)

i dont feel rested and relaxed looking at your pic. in fact it looks uncomfortable.

That's true, the title was thought after the picture was shot. I actually got quite a hard time thinking of a title, so 1st thing comes to my mind is what i felt at that point of time haha :p

I'm glad i posted it here, thanks for all the feedbacks!