Response from Canon - PRO-SHUTTERBUG EVENT IV

Did you receive a response from Canon from the online registration?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r52lanc

Feb 12, 2004
Bukit Timah
www.pbase.com
How many have received a response from Canon from online regisitration? Event is on 23 October 2005!

this saturdday! I never registered.

It will be interesting to see lots of people shooting ;)

i received an email confirmation today resulting from my online registration.

Paul_Yeo said:

23rd is sunday.

Paul_Yeo said:

Photomarathon is saturday. 22 Oct
(registered and received reply today)

PRO-Shuttlebug event is sunday. 23rd Oct
(registered but no reply)

Until now no reply yet :dunno:

Please take note that priority is given to CPS members, Canon Premier members & Alliance members. If there are any left over slots, it would then be opened to the public via balloting internally by Canon. I think that it's based on first come first serve basis.

Don't forget that it's just a 2 hours event with equipment testing and shooting. This will take up time. If there are too many people, then everyone will be rushing and pushing.

USM said:
Please take note that priority is given to CPS members, Canon Premier members & Alliance members. If there are any left over slots, it would then be opened to the public via balloting internally by Canon. I think that it's based on first come first serve basis.

Don't forget that it's just a 2 hours event with equipment testing and shooting. This will take up time. If there are too many people, then everyone will be rushing and pushing.
I am sorry but I don't buy this explanation. I have attended the last (2) events and don't remember any of these pre-conditions previously. Past events were never crowded especially PRO-SHUTTERBUG EVENT III where the venue was spacious and there were many empty seats.

I am not a member of any of these groups but I do have a dry box full of expensive Canon cameras and lens. Now, I am a second class customer because I am too busy to sign-up for some group?

IMHO, the handling of the registration for these events is a big fiasco. People are getting confirmation emails a few days before the event as if they don't have a life. Many loyal Canon users are just getting ignored and don’t know where they stand. Last time, they never sent confirmations out at all. I had to call Canon to find out that I was on the list. They said if I sent in the registration – just come. Is it different this time? Do you need an invitation?

r52lanc said:
I am sorry but I don't buy this explanation. I have attended the last (2) events and don't remember any of these pre-conditions previously. Past events were never crowded especially PRO-SHUTTERBUG EVENT III where the venue was spacious and there were many empty seats.

I am not a member of any of these groups but I do have a dry box full of expensive Canon cameras and lens. Now, I am a second class customer because I am too busy to sign-up for some group?

IMHO, the handling of the registration for these events is a big fiasco. People are getting confirmation emails a few days before the event as if they don't have a life. Many loyal Canon users are just getting ignored and don’t know where they stand. Last time, they never sent confirmations out at all. I had to call Canon to find out that I was on the list. They said if I sent in the registration – just come. Is it different this time? Do you need an invitation?

Brother, cool down man. Please don't vent your anger at me.

Yes, I know that it's quite annoying for not receiving any confirmation so that you can plan your schedule.

I am just stating some possibilities.

In the end, if you know where the event is being held, just show up and see what happens.

Right at the door, they choose whether to let you in or not as it would be up to their own descretion so no worries there.

agape01 said:
In the end, if you know where the event is being held, just show up and see what happens.

Right at the door, they choose whether to let you in or not as it would be up to their own descretion so no worries there.
but they nv say where the shuttle pickup is :dunno:

I believe most of you should have received the invitation as of 9am this morning. I just got mine along with about 105 other folks. Don't know why they didn't block out the email addresses, but that's not the issue here.

Hmm... I juz received mine this morning.

If anyone wants to take MC for work on Monday, juz tell me on Sunday. All I have to do is to give u a kiss and a hug. :) Plz line up and take number, I dun want to get mobbed.

*sniff-sniff*

jsbn said:
Hmm... I juz received mine this morning.

If anyone wants to take MC for work on Monday, juz tell me on Sunday. All I have to do is to give u a kiss and a hug. :) Plz line up and take number, I dun want to get mobbed.

*sniff-sniff*

Eeeeeewwww.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.