Respond gathering: We are the Children - Potraits of Children around the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
Hi guys , this is a respond feedback with regards to eikin's thread below

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=106872

As we have many interesting collection here in that particular thread , We might work out something..... Just gathering an response if there anyone who's willing to contribute their time and effort in make this little 'social project' materialize...;)

1) Poohbear

poohbear said:
Hi guys , this is a respond feedback with regards to eikin's thread below

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=106872

As we have many interesting collection here in that particular thread , We might work out something..... Just gathering an response if there anyone who's willing to contribute their time and effort in make this little 'social project' materialize...;)

1) Poohbear

wat project

Nothing yet but need to have a working committee to discuss possible option ...

Count me in. Although I think based on current work in that thread, the project will not be able to materialise..I think a more specific theme related to children will be needed.

1) Poohbear
2) Novello76

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but unless there is a very specific objective to be achieved out of this project, it remains nothing more than just a collection of children photos - in which the current thread is serving very well.

Why not bring this 'social project' to a more practical level, e.g. raising funds for a children's home or society or something similar (although I don't know with the recent NKF saga, how people will react to 'fundraising').

Or if the project evolves to be a (really solid) national-level campaign, there are always ministries to turn to for potential financing, e.g. MCYS.

Be aware that book publishing is a long-term effort that may stretch into years and entails a significant amount of hard work.

Nevertheless, it's good to see that something is starting. :thumbsup: Will follow this thread.

Ah Pao said:
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but unless there is a very specific objective to be achieved out of this project, it remains nothing more than just a collection of children photos - in which the current thread is serving very well.

Why not bring this 'social project' to a more practical level, e.g. raising funds for a children's home or society or something similar (although I don't know with the recent NKF saga, how people will react to 'fundraising').

Or if the project evolves to be a (really solid) national-level campaign, there are always ministries to turn to for potential financing, e.g. MCYS.

Be aware that book publishing is a long-term effort that may stretch into years and entails a significant amount of hard work.

Nevertheless, it's good to see that something is starting. :thumbsup: Will follow this thread.
I agree with his point...
Publishing a book is not going to be an easy task.. a few of you must be willing to spend time to spearhead and drive the project through.

It's a commendable effort to start... but some evaluation needs to be done to see if it should move on to the next stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.