Resolution for 2013

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Most of us don't make any resolution or rather even if we had, we don't really track them. :nono: Maybe we can share here what are the 'better' resolutions we can target and provide some ideas for those that have not considered them.

My resolution for 2013 would be to lead a more healthy lifestyle and to contribute in my small ways to society.

set your goal be achievable,
and set many small targets (checkpoints) to reach your goal
write it down at a place which you will able to see it everyday
reward yourself when you met your targets

btw, your goal must be specify, measurable

eg, healthy lifestyle is not a goal,

it should be like these,
- able to run 2.4km every week by last quarter of 2013,
- lose weight to or maintain at "how many" KG by end of 2013
- fast one day per week/per month in 2013

eg, "to contribute in my small ways to society" is not a goal

it should be like these,
- donate $XXX to charity in 2013
- visit old forks home every month in 2013
- do 36 hours of volunteer work in 2013

Last edited:
Wah Benjamin, that's like my management setting KPIs! :bsmilie:

setting new year resolution is important,
however, I'm not able meet all my goals for 2012, some simply I give up, some are very close,
but at least I know I'm heading the right direction. I have tried, I have work towards them, and know what I'm lacking,

I planing for my 2013 goals. :)

mine's 1280 x 1024.

Using Dell's 24" LCD... 1920x1200 for me :bsmilie:

But seriously... never did believe in make New Year Resolution... since I'll most likely forget about them a few months down the road of life... ;)

But seriously... never did believe in make New Year Resolution... since I'll most likely forget about them a few months down the road of life... ;)

Actually I wanna run 10k below 1hr mark. Now is 1hr 22m, showing sign of old man already.

if you have use Google Calender or Yahoo Canlender, you can set your goal/targets to meet on calender, and send yourself reminders via emails, instant message or sms.

no more excuses....... ;)

if you have use Google Calender or Yahoo Canlender, you can set your goal/targets to meet on calender, and send yourself reminders via emails, instant message or sms.

no more excuses....... ;)

Hahaha... but giving Excuses is being HUMAN... :bsmilie:

ensure my new set up starts running in jan.... by june set up the biggest chain around.

Actually I wanna run 10k below 1hr mark. Now is 1hr 22m, showing sign of old man already.

You need new wheels :bsmilie:

hamster-wheel.jpg

You need new wheels :bsmilie:

You also have Sirians? Cute animals.:)

This year strategy is to change my running style. Instead of long stride I wanna try short strides but with higher frequency. Additionally I'll try not to land on my heel, instead will land on the forefoot.

There are thoughts of using metronome to pace my strides.

Equipment wise: Vibram Fivefingers ftw!!!

btw, your goal must be specify, measurable

eg, healthy lifestyle is not a goal,

it should be like these,
- able to run 2.4km every week by last quarter of 2013,
- lose weight to or maintain at "how many" KG by end of 2013
- fast one day per week/per month in 2013

eg, "to contribute in my small ways to society" is not a goal

it should be like these,
- donate $XXX to charity in 2013
- visit old forks home every month in 2013
- do 36 hours of volunteer work in 2013

Well said, I am a little reluctant to be too harsh on myself. After all, you never know what is next. For healthier lifestyle, I have planned to cycle beside photography. For that I have already bought myself a bike and have started riding it over the pass weeks. I downloaded an apps 'Sports Tracker' and will be looking at how I am doing regularly.

Contributions to society need not be just about $ and that of course we can always do it in our own small ways. At work, we can groom and impart the right principle to the younger generations, participate in CSR, or even contribute comments here in CS!

I want to believe every little bits add up. We would be able to make Singapore a better place to live in and for the generations to come.

Well said, I am a little reluctant to be too harsh on myself. After all, you never know what is next. For healthier lifestyle, I have planned to cycle beside photography. For that I have already bought myself a bike and have started riding it over the pass weeks. I downloaded an apps 'Sports Tracker' and will be looking at how I am doing regularly.

Contributions to society need not be just about $ and that of course we can always do it in our own small ways. At work, we can groom and impart the right principle to the younger generations, participate in CSR, or even contribute comments here in CS!

I want to believe every little bits add up. We would be able to make Singapore a better place to live in and for the generations to come.

as long your goal is measurable, you will know where you will be heading. :)

we need to write our goals down somewhere, which everyday you will get to see it, get reminded of your goals.

you can write it down on a note card or post it, paste it beside your computer monitor, in your car steering wheel, or make it into a screen saver.

To be a better man!