Resizing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camm

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

I've added a white border to my picture and currently the dimension is 13.411 by 10.256 I wish to keep the border, and thus resize the pic to 12 by 8, but the whole picture seems to have been squeezed. The whole body becomes longer. How can I go about keeping resizing the pic to the right ratio in order to print into 4R without altering the pic?

Camm said:
Hi all,

I've added a white border to my picture and currently the dimension is 13.411 by 10.256 I wish to keep the border, and thus resize the pic to 12 by 8, but the whole picture seems to have been squeezed. The whole body becomes longer. How can I go about keeping resizing the pic to the right ratio in order to print into 4R without altering the pic?

u gotta crop ur original picture to 3:2 ratio be4 u resize...

After cropping to 3 by 2, realised that the pixel dimension dropped to
1132 by 1698. Will it turn out pixelise if printed out on 4R paper? Can I pump up the resolution to 300 to make up the min pixel dimension for printing?

Camm said:
Hi all,

In ps, do this:
> open new file, choose preset size, 4 x 6. Check that the resolution must be 300, click ok.
> drag n drop yur original pic to the new file
> do yur own resizing, make sure to press shift when you the resizing in order to maintain its proportion.
> then do the border last

hi bro hope this helps :) but this is CS2....

>go to Image
>image size
> go to doc size and adjust (yes u'll lose some pix, but it's ok)
>increase res to 300 also you have to uncheck the constraint proportion to get the exact dimensions you want
>check the resample image and choose bicubic sharper from the drop down box and click ok

the important thing is, hopefully you've captured your image at the highest possible resolution. good luck :)

er...you could just set the size and the resolution on the crop tool and crop what you want...taking into account the size of your white border of course...:)

and if you want to paste the image into a new file of a preset size, its best to do the border first so you can take into account the slight aspect ratio change such a reduction in visible area might make...it'll be small but you never know what composition change it might have :)

Hi All,

I need to develop a digital 8R photo. The lady in the lab say that i need to resize the photo to 8"x10" and ratio need to be 1.5.
For 8R, with 300 pixel/in, the width is 2400 pixel and Height is 3000 pixel which is equal to 1.25 ratio.
Need you guys help, how to get ratio at 1.5 and mantain the size at 8"x10"? I have try at CS2 but could not make it, maybe you guys can help me.

Thanks

innovate said:
Hi All,

I need to develop a digital 8R photo. The lady in the lab say that i need to resize the photo to 8"x10" and ratio need to be 1.5.
For 8R, with 300 pixel/in, the width is 2400 pixel and Height is 3000 pixel which is equal to 1.25 ratio.
Need you guys help, how to get ratio at 1.5 and mantain the size at 8"x10"? I have try at CS2 but could not make it, maybe you guys can help me.

Thanks
I think you hear wrongly from the lady in the lab, ration of 8R print is 1:1.25, only for S8R (super 8R) than the ratio is 1:1.5 (2:3)

Yep! I second that.

catchlights said:
I think you hear wrongly from the lady in the lab, ration of 8R print is 1:1.25, only for S8R (super 8R) than the ratio is 1:1.5 (2:3)

catchlights said:

Thanks, but I am sure I did not hear wrongly, as I have asked her few times. Because I am trying to develop 4R and 8R, she told me both ratio need to be 1.5, that why I my puzzle how to get 8"x10" with ratio 1.5?
Or if with Super 8R, the ratio is 1.5, what would be the size in width and height.

Thanks you guys for the help

innovate said:
Thanks, but I am sure I did not hear wrongly, as I have asked her few times. Because I am trying to develop 4R and 8R, she told me both ratio need to be 1.5, that why I my puzzle how to get 8"x10" with ratio 1.5?
Or if with Super 8R, the ratio is 1.5, what would be the size in width and height.

Thanks you guys for the help
I'm sure you are aware that if the ratio of your image is good for 4R, printed on 8R, some part of the image will be crop off.

The ratio of Super 8R is 1.5 (2:3), for 300 dpi, the size should be 2400 pixel by 3600 pixel, print size is 8 inchs by 12 inchs, let say if your image is in original form of 2000 pixel by 3008 pixel (large jpg of Nikon D70) don't have to resize for printing.

catchlights said:
I'm sure you are aware that if the ratio of your image is good for 4R, printed on 8R, some part of the image will be crop off.

The ratio of Super 8R is 1.5 (2:3), for 300 dpi, the size should be 2400 pixel by 3600 pixel, print size is 8 inchs by 12 inchs, let say if your image is in original form of 2000 pixel by 3008 pixel (large jpg of Nikon D70) don't have to resize for printing.

Thanks, got your explaination loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.