Resizing pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hi guys
i know its noob. but may i know how to resize pictures yet retain its sharpness?..
Resizing for
posting, editing, making videos etc.
i find that when i resize using microsoft office picture manager, my pictures end up super compressed and patchy. Futher more, i use paint to add borders then even more compressed.
May i know how to overcome it?:embrass:

does this matter? it's just for sharing with others and getting comments. your original picture is sharp and colours are good. why bother about compressed ones? :)

Koelsch said:
does this matter? it's just for sharing with others and getting comments. your original picture is sharp and colours are good. why bother about compressed ones? :)
My school Photography CCA's IC teacher wants to see my pics.
So i want to make it more presentable yet more *ahem* zai abit...portraying my pics by means of a movie or nice slideshow:embrass: :embrass:

seanlim said:
My school Photography CCA's IC teacher wants to see my pics.
So i want to make it more presentable yet more *ahem* zai abit...portraying my pics by means of a movie or nice slideshow:embrass: :embrass:

oh oh. alright. burn all your portfolio ones into a cd and let her see the original files if possible. if cannot then watermark it or something.

Koelsch said:
oh oh. alright. burn all your portfolio ones into a cd and let her see the original files if possible. if cannot then watermark it or something.
yar...but i was considering using iphoto to make the video slideshow.
but if i nt wrong, iphoto would compress my pics big time so...now dunnoe wat to do:(

i think if possible, try to use photoshop to do ur editing... be it resizing or sharpening.
its a great software! :) plus it can do all sorts of wonderful things to ur images!

use a photo editing program like fireworks or photoshop. as long as you are resizing the photos to be smaller, you shouldn't lose any sharpness. if you are enlarging it then you cant avoid a loss in quality.

ya.. photoshop & fireworks?

can reduce to 800*600 ba

:cry: ok i know this sounds stupid...but how do u guys add font to ur pictures other than Photoshop?...i tried using paint....6MP picture becomes 10+kb..:what:

itsybitsyspidy said:
use a photo editing program like fireworks or photoshop. as long as you are resizing the photos to be smaller, you shouldn't lose any sharpness. if you are enlarging it then you cant avoid a loss in quality.
resizing photo won't lose it sharpness?:dunno:

itsybitsyspidy said:
if you're making it smaller you wont.
A 3000X2000 picture i resize to 640X426 is quite soft,i need to sharpen abit after resizing.
i think i read from tomshen's post before.

itsybitsyspidy said:
if you're making it smaller you wont.
Erm..my pictures appear really soft after resizing:embrass:

After u resize your pics, just sharpen it a bit.
That will do the trick. :bsmilie:

Would re-sizing affect the printing result? I have used Photoshop to do re-sizing/crop but notice some of my digital photos sent for printing (for 4R) part of the image was cropped. How can I solve this problem? Was it due to the film frame size that I have used? :)

milkysmile said:
Would re-sizing affect the printing result? I have used Photoshop to do re-sizing/crop but notice some of my digital photos sent for printing (for 4R) part of the image was cropped. How can I solve this problem? Was it due to the film frame size that I have used? :)
It's your aspect ratio. For 4R the ratio should be 3:2, so after resizing if your image ratio is not 3:2, then it will not fit properly in a 4R size. If you tell them fit-out, then they will crop to fit. If you tell them fit-in, then you will get white area on the side which will not fit.

Thanks, Isisaxon. Being a newbies I not not quite understand the 'aspect ratio'. Hope you can elaborate more. If after I have re-sized an image, can I change the 'aspect ration' to 3:2 so that it will fit in the 4R. What other best way can I get the print without the 'white' line (after re-sizing the image)? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.