Resizing of pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGixShOe

Apr 16, 2002
magixshoe.clubsnap.org
how to resize a pic to post here w/o compromising quailty?
use wat s/w to do that?

my fren tell to just use Paint to resize it using image>stretch/skew

will the quality be affect?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
use wat s/w to do that?

I am using Photoshop. To resize w/o compromising quality, I would convert the original image into Tiff, do whatever post processing and resize, finally save it under Jpeg format.

Originally posted by Goondu

I am using Photoshop. To resize w/o compromising quality, I would convert the original image into Tiff, do whatever post processing and resize, finally save it under Jpeg format.
how to resize using photoshop?

Under the Image option, Image Size.
just change the pixels can liao rite?

eg.2MP is 1600X1200 then change it to 640X420 will bring down the file size rite?
wat about image quality
will it be affected?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
use wat s/w to do that?

If I am not wrong, you are using FJ2600. The software bundled with your camera has this resizing option (File -> Autromatic Resize). You can use it to resize to any size you want. You can batch resize too. As for quality, i think if you stick to EXIF(fine) compression, it should not be noticeably worse.

Originally posted by copland

If I am not wrong, you are using FJ2600. The software bundled with your camera has this resizing option (File -> Autromatic Resize). You can use it to resize to any size you want. You can batch resize too. As for quality, i think if you stick to EXIF(fine) compression, it should not be noticeably worse.
i didnt bother to install the s/w :D

anyway if use paint or PS can ?

But I think PS, and for the matter infranview, has a better resizing and anti-aliasing algo than Paint... if resize in paint, you might notice jagged edges...

Originally posted by Flare
But I think PS, and for the matter infranview, has a better resizing and anti-aliasing algo than Paint... if resize in paint, you might notice jagged edges...
yeah.. i tried out both and i notice the jagged edges when i zoom in

I have heard about a batch converter software to convert multiple files jpg to tiff format. But I could nt find any shareware or freeware on this. anyone did so?

Originally posted by volk

I have heard about a batch converter software to convert multiple files jpg to tiff format. But I could nt find any shareware or freeware on this. anyone did so?

You can use BreezeBrowser to do the batch convert. The website is here

Thot converting to tiff file would result in loss of resolution? Tats wat i heard....would like to know more...hehe
:)

Originally posted by sbs99
Thot converting to tiff file would result in loss of resolution? Tats wat i heard....would like to know more...hehe
:)

There are some brief explanation on jpeg, tiff and raw format. It can be found over here

Originally posted by volk

You can use IrfanView to do batch conversion. It's freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.