Resize or orginal

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had both. Original file to keep it. resize to upload to net. Eventually U can del off the resize because you still have ur original file. Whenever you wanna resize, just resize it. Its better then having the resize and yet you cant get back the original file. :)

yumyum said:
Hello ppl here , do you keep the photos in the orginal file size or u resize them and keep in your pc/laptop etc,
For me,
Originals, whether good or bad will be burned to CDs and kept, (like your negatives), good ones will be kept in HD for easy retrieval, resized ones will be kept in a separate working directory and sorted by subject.

yumyum said:
Hello ppl here , do you keep the photos in the orginal file size or u resize them and keep in your pc/laptop etc,
Is this a question on what other photographers do, or is this a question you wnat to know so that you can make up your mind?

Let me ask you a question first. When you were shooting with film, I am makeing a leap of faith that you did in some point of your life, do you just keep the prints only or do you also keep the negatives?

I keep a bakcup copy of the full sized images on cds. Most of my edited ones (full res jpgs and psd files) are on my laptop which is why i am running out of space :D

yumyum said:

its always good to keep the originals in view of future changes/editing you might want to do with the photos. that is why its called o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l-s
be safe, keep them

For me I would keep both since I might use it later on for some other purposes. If I need it for the web I would resize and lower the resolution. Sometime it happens that I need to print the pictures so I will use the original for printouts.

i always keep the original through backups...but for viewing...i have a resized version ...and since my laptop is for viewing purposes only...no point having full size here also...

cheers..

I shoot in RAW so its difficult to keep the originals. What I do is:

1. Convert to large jpegs for photo developing. After that, retain only selected ones.

2. Resize all to 640x480 for viewing in PC.

3. The entire set in (2) is back-uped in GMAIL.

keep the originals

as in time your PS skills will improve.
and so what was once a so-so picture can become a good picture

ortega said:
keep the originals

as in time your PS skills will improve.
and so what was once a so-so picture can become a good picture

Pro comment! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.