reservoirs with clear water.

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
Hey bros , any of you know where to find reservoirs in sg with clear water that can reflect pretty well ? because I am planning to do a shoot of a girl looking into the water with her reflection inside and it would be nice with greenaries ard her so I could only think of reservoirs. Please help thanks!

Hey bros , any of you know where to find reservoirs in sg with clear water that can reflect pretty well ? because I am planning to do a shoot of a girl looking into the water with her reflection inside and it would be nice with greenaries ard her so I could only think of reservoirs. Please help thanks!

you don't need clear waters to get reflection.

Hmm yeahh but with clear water it will be prettier :)

It has to do with the angle of light more than the clarity of the water.

Anyway, clarity of the water is so subjective.
How clear do you need it to be?
Reservoir water is clear enough for ~0.5m.

Besides the reservoir, can also try the swimming pool in a condo. Do it in the early morning where the breeze is softer, less ripples. For reservoir, can do it in the late afternoon to catch some sunset lights.

Thanks guys :) I think as long as it isn't greenish or muddy i think its clear

Besides the reservoir, can also try the swimming pool in a condo. Do it in the early morning where the breeze is softer, less ripples. For reservoir, can do it in the late afternoon to catch some sunset lights.

Condo swimming pool can take pic inside?

Erm most of our reservoirs have clear water... At least during good weather, where the sedimentation won't be stirred up. But that has nothing to do with reflections. You can have a pile of oil there and you will have reflections.

The production of reflections has to do with STILL WATER. For example, Marina Reservoir (near Barrage) will have relatively clear water *but* it is less likely to be still. But how are you intending to shoot the person AND reflection unless you have a bank for you to position yourself? Likely locations that would work are probably like, Bedok Reservoir (where you have platforms for you to shoot the person at the bank from), Lower Seletar, etc. Basically those with things/facilities for the public. MacRitchie also. Whether there are reflections depends on luck. Morning tends to be better.

Good luck!

Find someone who lives there la... I don't think you can just walk into condos and start shooting.

I thought this was a very common-sense question. :(

Hmm i was wondering for some condos, will the security guard stop you from taking pictures by the pool? Since its private property.

TS. Basically what you will be looking for is still water. Very very still water. Regardless clear or blackish, just very still water.
Erm... Where have ah... Any place with water, without wind and any other disturbances.
Getting reflection is getting the right incidence of subject to water surface to camera and right amount of light on subject.

Hmm i was wondering for some condos, will the security guard stop you from taking pictures by the pool? Since its private property.
no, you can't shoot at the pool, even you are the resident there also can not happy happy shoot there.

you need to write in to seek permission.

May I ask, how are you going to use reservoir or swimming pool to get the reflection? where are you shooting from and where you place your model? so are you standing inside the reservoir/swimming pool or shooting across the reservoir/swimming pool.

it is more practical to use those water fountain outside office or commercial building, like
Esplanade
Millenia Walk
Capital Towner

check this out, so you have better ideal.

Reflections - SIngapore Art Museum | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Reflection | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

reflections at Harbour Front in Singapore | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Reflection | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

this is an ideal location,

you or your model don't have to try "walking on water"

singapore-city23.jpg