Reservist downgrading procedure advice


Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

New Member
Jan 9, 2003
1,112
0
0
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
#1
Hello people,

I've ORDed quite sometime ago, and I will be due for Reservist pretty soon, say mid July. During these 3 - 4 years after army, I dislocated my shoulder a couple of times (specialist records at Alex Hosp.). I actually dislocated my shoulder once during NS, but the MO say.. no downgrading. I'm actually thinking of downgrading , I would like to protect my shoulder from further injuries. Whats the procedure for downgrade or medical re-examination? My reservist posting is 6 SIR, not sure if its shiong not. I'm PES B Now.
 

kirk

New Member
Mar 20, 2004
732
0
0
La la Land
#2
marcwang said:
Hello people,

I've ORDed quite sometime ago, and I will be due for Reservist pretty soon, say mid July. During these 3 - 4 years after army, I dislocated my shoulder a couple of times (specialist records at Alex Hosp.). I actually dislocated my shoulder once during NS, but the MO say.. no downgrading. I'm actually thinking of downgrading , I would like to protect my shoulder from further injuries. Whats the procedure for downgrade or medical re-examination? My reservist posting is 6 SIR, not sure if its shiong not. I'm PES B Now.
go to a speciliast hospital and get yourself checked by yr doc again. then report to your MO with the specialist report. he will decide whether to send you for a medical board. if yr shoulder dislocation is recurrent, might downgrade to PES C cos cannot do pullup ma. cannot confirm this la, you have to ask your MO.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#3
Another way. U jump out of a speeding car. Make sure the vehicle on the next lane is a huge crushing lorry roaring alongside at 100km/h.

Instantaneous permanent downgrade.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#4
Aiyah... reservist is a break from work, just relax while you're at it!!!
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#5
yah.. specialist letters is a must.NSF hard to downgrade lah.. NSmen slightly easier. I feel it is a right move to protect yourself from further injuries. Cos if you were to injured your arm during training and sustain some chornic pains from it.. rest assured the army wun give a hoot about it.

I'm not encouraging everyone to downgrade but I feel that if your case is genuine then you should fight for your own protection, but those who are perfectly well and want to siam serving their singapore subscription then I can only look down on them.

Wish you luck in your downgrade =)

Take care man
 

Nov 13, 2004
143
0
16
Tampines
#6
jsbn said:
Another way. U jump out of a speeding car. Make sure the vehicle on the next lane is a huge crushing lorry roaring alongside at 100km/h.

Instantaneous permanent downgrade.
Might get instance ROD. ;p
 

KNIGHT ONG

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
5,792
1
38
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
#7
jsbn said:
Another way. U jump out of a speeding car. Make sure the vehicle on the next lane is a huge crushing lorry roaring alongside at 100km/h.

Instantaneous permanent downgrade.
One way ticket ??? ... Nope ... shd not encourage it as our country badly in needs of combat personnel ... :sweatsm:
 

bonfire

New Member
Feb 20, 2003
289
0
0
Visit site
#8
Why downgrade.. reservist is suppose to help you in your regular workout to help trim your tummy belly as you progress to the middle age. :D
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,490
4
38
36
#9
bonfire said:
Why downgrade.. reservist is suppose to help you in your regular workout to help trim your tummy belly as you progress to the middle age. :D
:thumbsup:
 

Cactus jACK

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
3,933
3
38
Singapore (Kallang)
#10
jsbn said:
Another way. U jump out of a speeding car. Make sure the vehicle on the next lane is a huge crushing lorry roaring alongside at 100km/h.

Instantaneous permanent downgrade.
a tad excessive i'd say!! :nono:

i have always found my chief clerk very accomodating in these matters... give your's a call, the guys always report to reservist with specialist letter, and CC would arrange for medical review for them. have seen many of my platoon mates downgrade... such that my platoon is more like section+ now!! :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
... shd not encourage it as our country badly in needs of combat personnel ... :sweatsm:
need more good men like you!!
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#11
Cactus jACK said:
a tad excessive i'd say!! :nono:

i have always found my chief clerk very accomodating in these matters... give your's a call, the guys always report to reservist with specialist letter, and CC would arrange for medical review for them. have seen many of my platoon mates downgrade... such that my platoon is more like section+ now!! :bsmilie:
I lean towards the excessive. :confused:

Same here, my unit so many ppl ROD and getting downgrades that the entire COY kinda like a platoon now. :bsmilie:

Still despite the huge age gap, old birds are always a pleasure to work with. Cheong together and leave no men behind.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom