Reserving a good spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemania

Oct 1, 2006
central
I notice that some photographers go rather early to reserve a good spot to take photos of a performance. There are alot of people wanting to take photos of the dance performances at Raffles City. Intially, I note that people go there about 45mins to 1hr earlier than the performance to reserve their spot. For instance, Sat. has 3 performances: 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Last Saturday, I reached Raffles City at around 1.30pm and note that most/all the photographers sat around and waited for the 4pm performance. Through my observation, some of them show up many times to take photos. Of course, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, but shouldn't they at least move from the centre or at least move to the 2nd row so that other photographers can have a opportunity to take some better photos. What is your opinion?

Early bird catches the worm. It's human nature.

Don't u think that is too early? How early would u consider as reasonable?

depending on how 'keen' u are...else as klose mentioned the early bird catch the worm

drawn two yellow boxes, one for pro and one for begineer, rest of the people stand at the centre;p

drawn two yellow boxes, one for pro and one for begineer, rest of the people stand at the centre;p

you sound like my ex-manager! everything also can solve by yellow box!!! :bsmilie:

in the singapore context, you have no choice but to go early! photographers are highly motivated people! :)

If you can't beat them, join them! :D

in the singapore context, you have no choice but to go early! photographers are highly motivated people! :)

If you can't beat them, join them! :D

there is also the other perfect solution - MONEY.

pay the other photographers $10000, they sure give up their spots :bsmilie:

there is also the other perfect solution - MONEY.

pay the other photographers $10000, they sure give up their spots :bsmilie:

Not every thing can be buy using money:nono:

Maybe you can try like 'leaving a tissue to reserving sitting table in eating place'?

Leaving your camera bag to reserve :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

you can..

#1, pay some money to ask the photographer to take a hike.
#2, make friend with the security guard, ask him to reserved a good spot for you.
#3, can go as early as the shopping mall open door.

if all failed, can try but a 600mm lens and bring a 12 foot ladder.

Maybe you can try like 'leaving a tissue to reserving sitting table in eating place'?

Leaving your camera bag to reserve :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

print cardboard print out of yourself and put there! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: haha! what a sight!

Print out your CS nick in big bold letters and stick to the floor to reserve, next day can come back same spot some more. :bsmilie:

imagine u see ppl put Darren... who dare to take away, tomorrow deregistered... :devil:

then u see ppl put like Paul Yeo, then ppl draw poll board on it...

Wonder if i put mine wat happen...

Actually, i wonder why people bother to shoot the same event again and again. Shoot one slot and go home do some other things lah...hahaha

I notice that some photographers go rather early to reserve a good spot to take photos of a performance. There are alot of people wanting to take photos of the dance performances at Raffles City. Intially, I note that people go there about 45mins to 1hr earlier than the performance to reserve their spot. For instance, Sat. has 3 performances: 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Last Saturday, I reached Raffles City at around 1.30pm and note that most/all the photographers sat around and waited for the 4pm performance. Through my observation, some of them show up many times to take photos. Of course, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, but shouldn't they at least move from the centre or at least move to the 2nd row so that other photographers can have a opportunity to take some better photos. What is your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.