Reselling item with fake info

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmeow

Apr 14, 2009
Earth
Just want to share an experience:

I just recently sold a lens. The buyer low ball my offer. After seeing that he is so sincere, I let it go at a good discount.

Thinking that my lens made another CSer happy, I was fine to sell it.

To my surprise, I just saw a thread offering my lens at a much higher price. It is now being offer at 50% higher than what I offer.

Nevertheless, I am not feeling sour as I had offered the lens for quite a while. I am just concern about the ethics of BnS here.

*The lens I sold is about 1yr close to 2. He stated slightly more than a year.
*The front element was stated mint.
*No filter, I sold it with the filter.
*Condition rated 10, I rated it 8-9 due to the age.

Just a caution to any potential buyer for a Sigma lens 18-50mm f2.8 (67mm). Don't pay for the asking price. If you wish to have it, offer not more than $350.:nono:

Anyway, I have sold the lens, I shouldn't be too concern. Just a gentle reminder for all CSer, know your deal well.:dunno:

If anyone wish to know who this person is, feel free to pm me. Not very nice to spoil his business, if not already spoilt by this thread.

I just recently sold a lens. The buyer low ball my offer. After seeing that he is so sincere, I let it go at a good discount.

To my surprise, I just saw a thread offering my lens at a much higher price. It is now being offer at 50% higher than what I offer.

Nevertheless, I am not feeling sour as I had offered the lens for quite a while. I am just concern about the ethics of BnS here.

Just a caution to any potential buyer for a Sigma lens 18-50mm f2.8 (67mm). Don't pay for the asking price. If you wish to have it, offer not more than $350.:nono:

Anyway, I have sold the lens, I shouldn't be too concern. Just a gentle reminder for all CSer, know your deal well.:dunno:

If anyone wish to know who this person is, feel free to pm me. Not very nice to spoil his business, if not already spoilt by this thread.

Cheaters they are... I once sold my Canon lens for S$200 to a seller but that faker podted it to be sold at S$300... dots... My case happened 3 years ago...

Cheaters they are... I once sold my Canon lens for S$200 to a seller but that faker podted it to be sold at S$300... dots... My case happened 3 years ago...

I can't say he cheated me, I just feel sorry for the people he is about to cheat.

that's not cheating. he bought it and he is owner, he can do whatever he likes.

i once sold my lens to a member, he also exported it and sold it at higher price. he ddin't deny it, and i can't do a damn about it since the lens doesn't belong to me anymore.

This is very common if you are talking about private property. Buy low, sell high. This is a fair trade. this is full metal alchemist. equivalent trade.

period.

Last edited:
by the way, how you know it is your lens?

I cross reference his number from the forum and got his user id. Just saw his thread about 5 hrs ago. The lens I was selling is quite rare. Very sure it's the same person.

Anyway, I don't think he has cheated me. I am just worried about buying things here from now on. Just glad I have not met someone who sold me damaged goods.

I cross reference his number from the forum and got his user id. Just saw his thread about 5 hrs ago. The lens I was selling is quite rare. Very sure it's the same person.

Anyway, I don't think he has cheated me. I am just worried about buying things here from now on. Just glad I have not met someone who sold me damaged goods.

You mean the buyer of your lense uses a nick to buy, and another nick to sell?

yes have encountered such cases before

If it is a willing buyer and willing seller transaction, neither party should be accused of cheating. To resell for an immediate is not a crime either. But to make false claim boils down to the individual's value and ethics. That begs the question of why so many WTS are stating the condition as 10 even as the item concern has seen better time?

that's not cheating. he bought it and he is owner, he can do whatever he likes.

i once sold my lens to a member, he also exported it and sold it at higher price. he ddin't deny it, and i can't do a damn about it since the lens doesn't belong to me anymore.

This is very common if you are talking about private property. Buy low, sell high. This is a fair trade. this is full metal alchemist. equivalent trade.

period.

Agree.... Morally incorrect, but its Buyer Willing, Sellering Willing kind of suitation :sweat:

if it is a case of double-id, pls PM the admin/mod team with proof. we will de-reg the person. thank you.

You mean the buyer of your lense uses a nick to buy, and another nick to sell?

He did not pm me or anything. He sms me for the deal. I search his HP no. and identified him. I saw some of the thread he started and asked if he is the one selling a D70 body which he replied yes.

Pretty sure he is the one who bought my lens.

If it is a willing buyer and willing seller transaction, neither party should be accused of cheating. To resell for an immediate is not a crime either. But to make false claim boils down to the individual's value and ethics. That begs the question of why so many WTS are stating the condition as 10 even as the item concern has seen better time?

I agree with you. I started this thread just to share the experience. Sad to say there are unethical seller out there like the one I encountered.

Anyway, I am glad I sold my lens, even if it is at a lower price. I should thank him for buying my lens which has been sitting around for a few months.

Stop behaving like a small kid.. there is nothing wrong for him to sell the lens since it belongs to him now. You think he can sell at the price he stated and you can't?? There are ppl who got a lens and sell away finding it is not up to their expectation... and he know ppl might low ball him like himself so he sell much higher?? There are so many seller that sell close to brand new price or even higher then brand new price..

Those who knows the age of a lens doesnt equal to the condition of the lens.. i have seen new lens less then 1 year old kana fungus.. and have seen 15 years old lens still in pristine condition.

Last edited:
what if he took it home, pulled it apart, cleaned it up and made it practically new again...

OH THE CONSPIRACY!!

;p

Stop behaving like a small kid.. there is nothing wrong for him to sell the lens since it belongs to him now. You think he can sell at the price he stated and you can't?? There are ppl who got a lens and sell away finding it is not up to their expectation... and he know ppl might low ball him like himself so he sell much higher?? There are so many seller that sell close to brand new price or even higher then brand new price..

Those who knows the age of a lens doesnt equal to the condition of the lens.. i have seen new lens less then 1 year old kana fungus.. and have seen 15 years old lens still in pristine condition.

I think you need to read carefully. I am glad I got rid of the lens. I am not complaining about the matter. I am just questioning the integrity of the person.

My guess here is that you are like him..... worried about spoiling the market by this thread..... sigh...

Last edited:

yes, but a new lens less than 1 year old is a new lens less than one year old.

a 15 year old lens is a 15 year old lens.

fact is fact, the age of a lens doesn't change.

yes, but a new lens less than 1 year old is a new lens less than one year old.

a 15 year old lens is a 15 year old lens.

fact is fact, the age of a lens doesn't change.

I second to that....

Selling a 3 yrs old 80-200 AFD as a 1 yr old lens is not right. How will the buyer feel after finding out his "1 yr slightly more" lens is actually much much older?

I understand SWM works slower as it ages. Anyone can confirm on that?

hi, i am 90 year old ah ma, but i look like 30 year old woman, does this mean that i can state my age as 30 years old?

can i go around telling people that i am 30 and they can marry me? :bsmilie:

ok, let's not be so disgusting, maybe i have 50 years old but i have aged well, so i look like 30. who here will be happy to find out that i am actually 50 after i tell them that i am 30 and get married?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.