Rescued an Entangled Dragonfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousedeers

Sep 24, 2007
Bukit Batok Street24
www.flickr.com
Amazed ! How the dragonfly's wing pierced through by the grass?. Never see this type entanglement before. After capturing a few photos I freed the dragonfly and he can fly actively. I think he is very happy , so am I.

D5000, SB900, tripod, ISO400, rear syn, vivid color, manual mode, F16, 200mm macro, speed various, at AP.
3578806602_4f95ef12f7_b.jpg

#2 The grasshopper did not know he is almost going to kill by the lynx spider. And again after capturing a few photos I help him to escape. Am I doing a right thing?
3578806606_69558fb74e_b.jpg

#3 Racial harmony, they live peacefully together.

3578806628_1fcc6cfd94_b.jpg

#4 Red damselfly. First time seeing it.
3578806618_70dcaa1937_b.jpg

#5 On top of the arch.
3578806622_84dc782b90_b.jpg

Wah really :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: for the composition and the finds.
Hmm my opinion will be that u shld nt save the grasshopper, let nature flows. Maybe the spider is having gastric nw lol.

:thumbsup: WOW nice macros!

I especially like the ones with 2 "opposing" creatures. Interesting.

Excellent macro shots. Very impressive. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good find:thumbsup:

Very nice series, I especially like the ones with two creatures on top and below the grass, amazing!!

Well, you've got a heart of gold, that's why in return you take great pic out of this bugs:thumbsup:

great catch i must say :thumbsup: ur lens is great n of cos credit to the photographer too ... :D

I wonder why, Nikon guys always impress us with the Vivid Color.. but Canon has none.. :(

I wonder why, Nikon guys always impress us with the Vivid Color.. but Canon has none.. :(

Err... there is a tool in lightroom that you can set your jpeg to vibrant, which is equivalent to
Vivid..correct me if I am wrong. Check it out.

excellent shots :thumbsup:

Beautiful sharp shots with nice clean BG. Also your pics with insects on both sides of the leaves are amazing.......how long did you have to wait for those 2 shots !

Hi, Mousedeers.Fantastic shots you have here.Since getting your new tool and Mistress,you have been horning your skill to even greater level.:bsmilie:
I love the green b/gs that you have lately been sharing with us.
My only comment is the slightly darker Lynx spider in #2.Maybe you can consider getting another flash to fill in the underside of the leaf.

Ridiculously good quality! :thumbsup:

Not sure if it'll help but I'd try to trigger an external flash at the bottom to brighten the underneath of the leaves and its subject. :)

Wah really :thumbsup: for the composition and the finds.
Hmm my opinion will be that u shld nt save the grasshopper, let nature flows. Maybe the spider is having gastric nw lol.
Thanks. For me I still prefer to save the grasshopper.
: WOW nice macros!
Thanks.
I especially like the ones with 2 "opposing" creatures. Interesting.
Thanks.
Excellent macro shots. Very impressive. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks.
Good find:thumbsup:
Thanks.
Very nice series, I especially like the ones with two creatures on top and below the grass, amazing!!
Thanks.

Well, you've got a heart of gold, that's why in return you take great pic out of this bugs:thumbsup:
Thanks for your kind word.
great catch i must say :thumbsup: ur lens is great n of cos credit to the photographer too ... :D
Thanks
Post processing is important.
Err... there is a tool in lightroom that you can set your jpeg to vibrant, which is equivalent to
Vivid..correct me if I am wrong. Check it out.
i am not sure about lightroom.
excellent shots :thumbsup:
Thanks.

Nice captures!
Thanks
Beautiful sharp shots with nice clean BG. Also your pics with insects on both sides of the leaves are amazing.......how long did you have to wait for those 2 shots !
Thanks. I did not wait for it I look for it.
FREAKING WONDERFUL MAN!
I love your shots.. this makes me wish I had a macro lens.. =/
Thanks. you should buy a macro lens.
Hi, Mousedeers.Fantastic shots you have here.Since getting your new tool and Mistress,you have been horning your skill to even greater level.:bsmilie:
I love the green b/gs that you have lately been sharing with us.
My only comment is the slightly darker Lynx spider in #2.Maybe you can consider getting another flash to fill in the underside of the leaf.
Thanks. I have thinking about a second flash.
Ridiculously good quality! :thumbsup:
Not sure if it'll help but I'd try to trigger an external flash at the bottom to brighten the underneath of the leaves and its subject. :)
Thanks. Yes you are right if have second flash the bottom part of image will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.