Rescue data

Status
Not open for further replies.

stor

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore
www.storphotography.com
Help needed. My hardisk just crash and I have not fully backed up my datas. I wonder if there are any shops that help to retrive datas from crashed hardisk. :(

Steven Tor

If you have another harddisk or somewhere to transfer your data over, you can try easy recovery pro

Nowadays I heard a lot of hd crash, very scary man! hope you can recover your data. It happened to me last year and it's really painful because I dont keep backup.

raid rules :p

yup, tt's what i did for my home pc. raid mirror. but useless cos i now live in hostel and i use my laptop... dohz....

laptop hdd raid mirror. haha

Stor,

Buy an external casing, put your crashed harddisk into the external casing, attach it to another computer and try to run the program kei suggested.

If you have the money to spend, you may approach iBas Singapore for data recovery. Not too sure of the charge...onie if your data is really impt.

Mirage said:
If you have the money to spend, you may approach iBas Singapore for data recovery. Not too sure of the charge...onie if your data is really impt.

Erwin and Mirage. Thank you for your input. I tried a shop in Sim Lim and they wanted to charge $1500 for retrieving of datas. :bigeyes: Thus, I think I have to learn this lesson of not backing up my data promptly.

stor said:
Hi Kei

Thanks for the info. It cannot work as my hardisk really crashed and cannot even boot up.

BTW, for zodnm post, what is raid rule :dunno:

er, raid means redundant array of inexpensive/indepedent drive
basically a collection of hdd for performance gain or for backup, depending on how you configure it

1 of the ways to recover data on hdd is to put it inside the freezer
after some time, take it out and quickly connect to ur comp and boot up. if the data is accessuble, quickly copy them out. this method can only be used once or twice before the hdd fails completely

erwinx said:
Stor,

Buy an external casing, put your crashed harddisk into the external casing, attach it to another computer and try to run the program kei suggested.
highly unnecessary, just need to plug it into another system which already has a HDD in place, and try to run a recovery software from there.

of course if your HDD can't even be detected in BIOS in the first place, chances are that the electronics in the HDD has died, and no recovery software is going to help you in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.