Require opinions on still life as stock photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

qing02051981

Dec 25, 2005
Simei
hancheng-travel.blogspot.com
Will appreciate if someone give some opinions for me to improve my stock photography skill.

Do you think still life objects can sell? (E.g. objects isolated on white background like the duck, train on my gallery)

1. Comments on Duck, Train
http://www.dreamstime.com/

2. Comments on Egg, Unity
http://my.fotolia.com/hancheng/Index

Thanks!

I think they have limited commercial value, and the reason they wont sell is because your portfolio is too small, people wont be drawn to see your work, especially if your not continuously uploading and putting yourself back at the front of the list.

Still life definitely can sell, but how many things can isolated fake ducks or an isolated train ornament be used for? Im surprised the train wasn't rejected for copyright infringements by DT.

I think they have limited commercial value, and the reason they wont sell is because your portfolio is too small, people wont be drawn to see your work, especially if your not continuously uploading and putting yourself back at the front of the list.

Still life definitely can sell, but how many things can isolated fake ducks or an isolated train ornament be used for? Im surprised the train wasn't rejected for copyright infringements by DT.

I agree that nobody will buy an image on isolated fake ducks or an isolated train ornament. ;p I was actually practicing on still life object photography, so no harm uploading them also.

I will find more suitable objects to photograph. :D

Thanks for the comment.

1. Make sure when you do isolated object that white background is 100% dropped out. There are still traces on tone on the white background especially on the top left corner.

2. Try to make the shadow as neutral grey as possible.

It looks deceptively simple to do isolated object on white background. But there are techniques to refined.

Also choose your objects carefully and make them "generic" and not just shoot anything you pick up lying around in the house.

to give you an example. to illustrate the concept of credit debts, shots of credit cards against the background of bank statements. of course, it should be generic as far as possible so as to give it wide application.

that is when one's creativity and innovativeness are tested.

:D Yours was a great one too. But I am just worried that the credit card number appears in the photo. Security reasons you see ...:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.