request information about Pentax in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

stougard

Deregistered
Hi all,

I'm thinking about moving from Nikon to Pentax for some of my cameras and I've a few questions before :

- What about service center in Singapore ? are they smart ? do we need to send camera outside Singapore for servicing ?
- I'm thinking about K10d camera, is one of you can send me a RAW (either DNG or original Pentax file) of a photograph taken with you K10d (photo includes a beautiful blu sky please).
- Where to buy ? is there a shop with stock (I'm interested in K10d, 14mm, 43mm and 77mm) ?
- Where to find third part lens for Pentax mount (Tamron, Tokina ...) ?
- If you want to play advocacy, what's the very good point of K10d ?

Thanks to everybody for your help.

BR

Stephane

1. yes. sometimes.

2. i'm sure someone will. otherwise search for samples online. Note that DNG is not "true" DNG, you will need an updated coverter which understands pentax DNG.

3. most places have the K10D. However, finding the 14mm, 43mm and 77 mm might be difficult.

4. also more difficult than for nikon. Either order from overseas, order from a local shop, or hope that Orient Photo (in SLS) has it.

5. Cheap, but has pentaprism, weathersealing, shake reduction, 11 point af, support for in-lens motors...

1. yes. sometimes.

2. i'm sure someone will. otherwise search for samples online. Note that DNG is not "true" DNG, you will need an updated coverter which understands pentax DNG.

3. most places have the K10D. However, finding the 14mm, 43mm and 77 mm might be difficult.

4. also more difficult than for nikon. Either order from overseas, order from a local shop, or hope that Orient Photo (in SLS) has it.

5. Cheap, but has pentaprism, weathersealing, shake reduction, 11 point af, support for in-lens motors...

Hi,

Thanks very much for you very detailed answer :dunno: and thanks for all the other answers I did not receive.

They should be able to service most problems. Sometimes they need to send the camera or lens to Pentax Japan to service or calibrate when they don't have the tools here. For replacement of camera parts, depends can take up to months.

Sorry, got sky but no beautiful blue sky.:bsmilie: look under the sticky thread here for pentax photo posted. Should have some blue sky shots by k10D.

Should not have problem getting the K10D. The DA14mm, FA43mm is available at CP. Just saw it last week. The FA77mm might need to order.

If you look hard enough, should be able to find the lens.

Hey! I am a pentaxian.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.