Reposted: Should I get a Falsh for a prosumer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindSpot

May 1, 2008
Sorry for those reading this post in the newbie section. There is no reply there thus I think maybe I ask the question in a wrong section. Mod, sorry for the double post. If possible help me del the similar post in "newbie" section. Sorry for the trouble.

Well, I have been playing with my S5IS for sometime and done many event kinda of shooting. However, due to the long recharge time of the build in flash sometimes precious moment are missed. Because of some low light condition, it's not possible to not use flash. And S5IS's inbuild flash recharge time can get as long as 5sec which is too long.

So I have been contemplating on whether buying a external flash will solve the problem. Will it be a good investment to get a external flash from the speedlite series? Or is that an over kill for a non Dslr?

How fast can a external flash recharge? Will it be the perfect solution for the problem I am facing?

Last edited:
what is a falsh? :eek:

Get one. A cheap $50 auto flash will do. Pretty damn accurate too. End of story.

A flash is even more useful to a proconsumer than a DSLR

if u like can add triggering device for the flash. :cool:

Now I get what you all mean by Auto Flash.

The S5IS has is hotshoe ready and compatable with speedlite series of flashes. So does not need external trigger.

trigger device can add lots of versatility for flash photography, like back lighting... anyway but head-on (with/out diffuser).

Status
Not open for further replies.