Repose

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Repose feeling thru B&W mood

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Bright sun light at that time, these manual workers had time to rest, some of them were slept and there is one who still focus to read newspaper .

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Interesting how they spread near the gate to get the shadow area .

Jul 19, 2007
i think your focus is on the gate, so none of the workers are in focus. should have focused on the worker reading newspapers instead (more specifically, on his face/eyes)

actually, if possible, you could have gone in front of them and taken the shot. would be nicer if his face was seen more clearly and the photo would also be less cluttered

bonrya

Dec 16, 2010
In a mobile cage
understand you want to show what's going on in the scene, but please note where is your point of focus. can't really tell what you're trying to show from the picture i.e. if you're documenting a particular man in the picture etc.

good try though, maybe next time before you take the picture you should plan how you want to portray the image (assuming you're showing poverty/repose, how will the image show that the people are victims of circumstance/actually resting etc)

what i see is a typical b&w picture of foreign workers asleep. doesn't do anything for me i.e. it's not a moving/touching scene

thanks for sharing though! it's a very good concept. :) i like your theme/style of photography. :)

DeadEnd

Nov 24, 2006
Ang Mo Kio
www.flickr.com
Foreground blur is very distracting.

I think the pic will look better if u focus the bangala sleeping on the foreground with his arm over his face.

Top Bottom