Report of my experience at AP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray_stinger

Previously, I posted a thread on exchanging my Fujifilm A101 for the Canon A40 at AP.
Here is my report.

I went to AP to exchanged the A101 to A40. I approached a middleage man who appeared to be the boss. He is approx 1.55m tall. He was quite reluctant to do the replacement for me, but after some persuation, he quoted me toping $271 to get the A40 + 64mb CF. In return, I need to return to him the A101 + 64mb smart media. That works out to be $374 (A101 + 64mb + GP Charger w/ 4batt) + $271 = $645 (A40 + 64mb CF + GP Charger w/ 4batt). Thats alot in my opinion. So I told him I will be back later as I need more time to consider. 1 hour later when I went back to the shop, another middleage guy who is ard 1.75m tall served me instead, he is very polite and also more customer oriented as compared to the previous one. I told him about my situation and he promtly asked me to show him my A101. After inspection, he offered me a top up of $181 to get the A40 + 64mb CF. So now, that worked out to be $374 (A101 + 64mb + GP Charger w/ 4batt) + $181 = $555 (A40 + 64mb CF + GP Charger w/ 4batt). That is almost $100 different from what the other guy quoted me earlier on!!!! :eek: If we look at the price of A40 now, it is retailing at $520 (AP). Meaning, if you were to get an A40 + 64mb CF + GP Charger w/ 4batt, that will be $520 + $70 + $25 = $615. :eek: . So after doing all the maths, what do you think? I guess I must be helluva lucky guy!!! :bsmilie:

Anyway, today, I went to AP again, I bought the tripod (el cheapo ones) + Casio Charger which can be used as a DC adapter for my A40 + Camera pouch with neck sling and a compartment to keep 4 batts all for $90. Pretty cheap izzenit? Or have I been ripoff this time? A break down of prices will be $25 for the tripod, $45 for the charger and $20 for the pouch.

Guys, keep ya comments flowing...!!!

Originally posted by ray_stinger
Previously, I posted a thread on exchanging my Fujifilm A101 for the Canon A40 at AP.
Here is my report.

I went to AP to exchanged the A101 to A40. I approached a middleage man who appeared to be the boss. He is approx 1.55m tall. He was quite reluctant to do the replacement for me, but after some persuation, he quoted me toping $271 to get the A40 + 64mb CF. In return, I need to return to him the A101 + 64mb smart media. That works out to be $374 (A101 + 64mb + GP Charger w/ 4batt) + $271 = $645 (A40 + 64mb CF + GP Charger w/ 4batt). Thats alot in my opinion. So I told him I will be back later as I need more time to consider. 1 hour later when I went back to the shop, another middleage guy who is ard 1.75m tall served me instead, he is very polite and also more customer oriented as compared to the previous one. I told him about my situation and he promtly asked me to show him my A101. After inspection, he offered me a top up of $181 to get the A40 + 64mb CF. So now, that worked out to be $374 (A101 + 64mb + GP Charger w/ 4batt) + $181 = $555 (A40 + 64mb CF + GP Charger w/ 4batt). That is almost $100 different from what the other guy quoted me earlier on!!!! :eek: If we look at the price of A40 now, it is retailing at $520 (AP). Meaning, if you were to get an A40 + 64mb CF + GP Charger w/ 4batt, that will be $520 + $70 + $25 = $615. :eek: . So after doing all the maths, what do you think? I guess I must be helluva lucky guy!!! :bsmilie:

Anyway, today, I went to AP again, I bought the tripod (el cheapo ones) + Casio Charger which can be used as a DC adapter for my A40 + Camera pouch with neck sling and a compartment to keep 4 batts all for $90. Pretty cheap izzenit? Or have I been ripoff this time? A break down of prices will be $25 for the tripod, $45 for the charger and $20 for the pouch.

Guys, keep ya comments flowing...!!!

I also got my Canon A40 @ AP last weekend. But I paid S$530.
:cry:

Anyway, I will be going down tomorrow to get a camera pouch. Possible to post your camera pouch here. Thanks.

Originally posted by midreef

I also got my Canon A40 @ AP last weekend. But I paid S$530.
:cry:

Anyway, I will be going down tomorrow to get a camera pouch. Possible to post your camera pouch here. Thanks.
Going down to SEED?
Or just going to AP?

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Going down to SEED?
Or just going to AP?

I read about the SEED outing tomorrow. But can't make it @ 6:30pm. I think I will get the pouch at AP later tomorrow evening instead. Read from Ray_stinger's post that it is going for $20.

If I can make it earlier, will join the SEED @ CP.

what kinda pouch izzit ??
a lowepro army green colour one (forgot the model name -- i think xxx 100/200 etc) ??

Originally posted by foosbie
what kinda pouch izzit ??
a lowepro army green colour one (forgot the model name -- i think xxx 100/200 etc) ??

Actually, I am looking for the soft case PS6001 from Canon, but option still open if there is a better pouch or case. The suggested retail price is $19.00 on the Canon webpage.

i heard canon pouches do not protect their cams very well from the elements. lowepro seems to be a reputable brand, but not many choices available here in s'pore.

anybody know of good stores here that stock a wide range of lowepro pouches/bags etc ? or do we hv to get them on the net ?

another feature u may want to consider is the ability to include some accessories in the pouch, eg. batteries, cf cards

Originally posted by foosbie
i heard canon pouches do not protect their cams very well from the elements. lowepro seems to be a reputable brand, but not many choices available here in s'pore.

anybody know of good stores here that stock a wide range of lowepro pouches/bags etc ? or do we hv to get them on the net ?

another feature u may want to consider is the ability to include some accessories in the pouch, eg. batteries, cf cards

Cathay Photo stock quite a wide range of Lowepro bags/pouches. Understand they are the authorised (exclusive??)distributor for Lowepro bags.

the last time i checked with cp (last weekend), they only have the street & field pouch 10 (http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/StreetF.htm) that i can use for my s40

i was looking at the s&f mfb 100 cos it can fit some accessories too. ap sells at 20.00. cp says they shud have stock this week, selling <20.00. it has a neat waterproof cover that is stashed in the back compartment, but doesnt protect as well as the pouch 10 or dres 10, imo

seems that the dres 10 is out of stock everywhere

any other suggestions ??

my case brand is digicase...heres the pic....

pouch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.