Reply To Post: Announcement From Convergent System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync_Man

May 8, 2004
This is getting a little stupid but let me clarify things...

Firstly the message was distorded by Convergent SYS.( i begin to wonder whether they are the real people from Convergent Sys)

Original message to BLUESJR is below:

"Look, I am a reseller for various authorised agent for convergent system, I also take stocks from A*** *h*to and other shops. I give you receipts from our GST registered company. Any problems with the card, come back to me or 'if' i disappear, take my receipt and go to Convergent, or A*** *h*to(this card was supplied to me by them). A*** will honour my warranty and in turn with honour yours."

My message makes sense and yours absolutely DO NOT.

I requested Convergent System to CALL ME ON MY HP to clarify things and so i can tell them whats my company and whats is going on with this warranty issues. TO DATE i got no response. I am trying to be transparent here but it seems like They are the one being dodgy. WILL THE CONVERGENT PPL CALL ME??

Quote: " " Sync_Man " is not and in no way related/working or our authorised agent and definitely not representing Convergent Systems.

Convergent Sys does not even know who i am and what my company name is. How in god's name does he know whether i am working with their authorised reseller. I DID NOT declare that i am related/working with them. I must admit i am not directly working with them but with some of their resellers.

BTW, CONVERGENT IS THE AUTHORISED AGENT/DEALER FOR HAGIWARA, KINGSTON.. .etc and the cards you distribute to are your Authorised RESELLERS not your authorised agent. If they are your authorised agent, then they can have resellers too.

Come clean with me, give me a call. If your buddies here on Clubsnap who are selling cards here can't meet/compete with my price, do something about pricing, not use some dodgy stunts to get rid of me.

I am here to make some profit and give a better value to the members here. NOT to spend my time answering stupid questions, and getting into your internal politics. Being 'red eyes' about my price is not the way to conduct business.

It seems there are people in this forum who side with their 'own' people.
Remember , this market in Singapore is VERY SMALL. Everyone knows everyone.

If my price is better than east gear or anywhere for that matter, then they should react by compeiting prices.

QUOTE:"Convergent Systems is not liable for any issues should you run into any problems dealing with them."

Convergent SYS do have have to be liable, their authorised 'agent' will be as they are liable to me and in turn to my buyers.

Let me also stated that my main customers are not from clubsnap, in fact buyers here contribute less than 1 % or my sales. I am on a wholesale basis and mainly over the internet.

To finish this once and for all, those who have bought from me will know where my office is and i got nothing to hide. I represent a company who ARE THE AUTHORISED AGENT for OLYMPUS FUJI and KONICA MINOLTA cameras.

CATHAY PHOTO is not one of their authorised agent?? If they sell kingston/hagiwara.. etc... don't buy from them?????

I can also list shops in Singapore where I supply cards to and probably ppl here have bought from those shops before. Any questions about warranty?????

As to all buyers here, thank to those who bought from me.

I repeat, will the 'real' Convergent people CALL me??

To the moderators, I do not understand why my threads are taken out everytime and not others.

I will continue to post here and give good prices to members here. So deal with it. I am here to stay.

Till then when Convergent SYS call me, case is closed and I have proved my point. Buyer's warranty exist. ;)

ENEMIN says: ARE YOU THE REAL SLIM SHADY?? :sweatsm:

Sync_Man said:
To the moderators, I do not understand why my threads are taken out everytime and not others.

Sync_Man, with reference to your words quoted above, i'd strongly caution you to consider your words carefully before you proceed any further. You are implying that the moderators and admins are deliberately biased towards you and siding with "others". I welcome you to name the items which we have allegedly removed and "not others".

If you are referring to your threads on selling the SANDISK Mini Cruzer USB2.0 256mb flash drives, they have all been removed for the simple fact that non-photographic items are not allowed in CS. The Mini Cruzer is basically a thumb drive, and not a photography accessory or anything which fits into ClubSNAP's Definition of Photography-Related Items.

In addition, if you actually read the forum's general guidelines, you would also be aware that multiple postings of the same thread is strictly prohibited and are grounds for banning if it is carried out persistently. We have overlooked this on the premise that you are a newly registered member, but as a reseller or distributor, it behooves you as a business to check out the rules and regulations of any forum before you start posting multiple threads. It is also well-known that resellers and retailers are welcome in ClubSNAP, but are to keep their transactions and announcements limited to Consumer Corner and consolidated into one or a few threads (by listing down the items they have to offer and prices), and not posted haphazardly all over the place.

With regards to Convergent's Systems' announcement that you are not in any way representing or related to them, that is a matter between you and Convergent, and nothing to do with ClubSNAP. Convergent posted that announcement of their own accord and not by the forum. We are not in any way affiliated to Convergent or any other retailers/agents, and I resent any allegations that we are biased. Convergent as a company has contacted the forum admins to clarify the situation, and ClubSNAP has a obligation to protect its members from warranty claims to the contrary. Until you have resolved your issue with Convergent, we will not entertain any future threads stating that your cards come with warranty from Convergent Systems.

Personally, I find your attitude brash and less than polite, certainly not one worthy of a Internet business. Numerous members and businesses have benefited from ClubSNAP's open stance in the Marketplace (EastGear.com is a classic example of excellent customer service and friendly attitude), but your tone and replies border on being offensive. ClubSNAP does not owe you a living or an explanation for its actions, and since you are a wholesaler whose "main customers are not from clubsnap" and "buyers here contribute less than 1 % [of your] sales", I question your intent in revising this matter of warranty repeatedly. If you have an issue with Convergent Systems or any other party, it should be settled in private on a B2B basis, and not dragged out in public. If the "business (camera/memory card) community in Singapore is small" as you claim, it would be a simple matter for you to pick up your phone and call Convergent Systems to clarify the matter instead of raising a ruckus here.

If you cannot continue to abide by ClubSNAP's guidelines to be nice and civic, I'd suggest you take your business elsewhere.

The Moderator
Marketplace

i think it is probably a miscommunication and he i angry with the wrong people. Well its all straigthen out... no need to ban people lah.

if he offer good price it is a win win situation for us.

Honestly, we do not have any issue with you. The only issue here is that we would like to make things very clear with CS members about Convergent Warranty Policy.

We are throwing in a value added service to enduser who is buying from Convergent Systems Reseller a 1 to 1 exchange policy should they face any problems with their Cards when they come to us. This is really a value added service as digital photography getting more and more popular among people and technology do breakdown/spoil/get damage and instead of sending it back to Manufactural and wait for them to return to us and then the enduser. The route of sending it back to Manufactural and then back to us is way too long. It will take about 3-4 weeks and sometimes even months depending whether the Manufactural has stock to repair or replace it.

It's not only in this forum we are making this annoucement, and the reason for this annoucement is that our service department did receive some fake Lexar CF Cards and other Kingston memory. Kingston/Lexar Media won't accept replace those fake/Remark memory. And so as to protect ourself, we only do 1 to 1 exchange with enduser with proof of purchase from our customer.

For Bluesjr case, he really did check with us about whether your claim is true or not. And the truth is that you did not purchase from us and that doesn't warrant you to use our company name. We know all our customer VERY WELL and you really isn't one of them and further more, I'm sure some of the product you bought are not from us even though they are of Lexar Media/Hagiwara or Kingston and we are not obliged to replace/service them.

About Convergent Systems being liable to the Lexar Media/Hagiwara/Kingston Product you are selling, the answer is no! Simple! We cannot guarantee the enduser that you are selling them the right product. How can we make empty guarantee to enduser?

If Clubsnap is just 1% of your total sales... why should you be so sensitive to our warranty policy? To start with, you don't even state your Company name here... you just keep telling people that you are a GST registered company? A GST Registered Company do have a Name you know!

We are not here to start any arguement or to put down your business, we just want to make our warranty policy clear to CS Member as we do get couple of enquiries a day about it.

About us having buddies here selling cards... I will just ignore that whole statement for now... should you want to go into further discussion about that, I do suggest you have a lot of proof to back you up.

Why do you need us to call you up? What's there to come clean with? We are not here to stop you from doing anything, we just want to make our warranty policy known to people.

Seriously! I think you are very sensitive. What we just did was to make our Warranty Policy clear to the public.

Mod: I think we have state our warranty policy very clearly and I really don't see any need to engage in any discussion about this topic anymore.

Julian Lee
Convergent Systems (S) Pte Ltd
1 Rochor Canal Road, #06-12 Sim Lim Square
Singapore 188504
Main Line: (65) 6337 0177 Fax: (65) 6336 2247
Direct Line: (65) 6832 8840
Email: Julian@convergent.com.sg

Julian Lee,

Kindly indicate the position you are holding in your company and then give us a call as previously requested to you on my pm.

If you do not contact us, I will hold you responsible for every word you speak here as being your PERSONAL VIEW and not that which represents Convergent Systems.

Thank you very much and I await to hear from you.

And Julian,

"And the truth is that you did not purchase from us and that doesn't warrant you to use our company name. We know all our customer VERY WELL and you really isn't one of them and further more, I'm sure some of the product you bought are not from us even though they are of Lexar Media/Hagiwara or Kingston and we are not obliged to replace/service them."

Again I hold you responsible for your statements and will duly inform your company of your ignorance in handling this matter UNTIL I hear from you.

Convergent has NOT raised any issues with us previously, nor have they made known their doubts on the basis of where our receipts and claims of warranty are from. In fact, YOU have not bothered to find out what our company name is first, and here you say, WE ARE NOT YOUR CUSTOMER.

Kindly look through the list of recognised distributors you have put up on another thread. And then tell me again whether or not you will honour our receipts. Please do your investigative work before you lay claim to the statement, "I'm sure some of the product you bought are not from us and etc" or else I'd be inclined to take your words as personal statements and chide you accordingly.

Again "A GST Registered Company do have a Name you know!" -

Is that Convergent's way of enquiring on our company name or is that Julian's way? Surely an established company like the one you work at will not conduct their correspondence in such unpolished manner? In fact, if you had called me as I had requested you to, you would had found out our company name and would had avoid being reproached in this manner by me.

"Why do you need us to call you up? What's there to come clean with? We are not here to stop you from doing anything, we just want to make our warranty policy known to people. "

Let me repeat. Convergent AS A COMPANY has never raised issues with us. If they had real concerns, they would AS A COMPANY, had sought us out themselves AND NOT THROUGH A FORUM. ESPECIALLY NOT THROUGH SIMON GOH.

All you are doing, Julian, is MISREPRESENTING your company by making ALLEGATIONS on a public forum against the integrity and reputation of our company.

I hold you responsible Julian Lee.

To the mods -

Please close this thread as we await to hear from Convergent, company to company, and not through one individual on a forum.

I thank you mods and appreciate your patience in this matter.

Oooo.... after 2 hrs... finally almost got the whole story...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

---------------------------------------------

Vamptress & Sync_Man vs Convergent Systems & MichaelTan

It started with Vamptress posting here selling several products. Because of the large number of threads, Vamptress was asked to display in a combined thread.

Meanwhile... Convergent Sys sent a PM to the admin, telling the admin that Vamptress is not an authorised reseller of some brands of compact flash. Asking admin to help post a message about warranty issues.

Thus, most of the Compact Flash theads by Vamptress received something like THIS.

Furthermore, most of Vamptress' threads were closed due to the many threads generated.

A LINK to 1 of the heated debates. (May be worth reading...)

Thus, Vamptress & Sync_Man is not happy that Convergent Sys did not contact them directly, but instead used the admins as the middleman.

Conclusion...

Vamptress & Sync_Man's registered GST company brought, or sold some products on behalf of A*** P**to(?). Thus, convergent Sys is not aware of this. Thus the warranty issue comes in. This led to the heated arguement.

So right now, it's after all a mis-communication. With both parties initially not taking the correct approach.

---------------------------------------

BTW, the above is ONLY my guess & opinion. It does NOT represent the view of clubsnap. And pls correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Happy solving this difficult problem...

Cheers :cool:

Thank you Julian for calling.

Dear all,

Matter has been settled. Will repost my prices two weeks later when I come back from overseas.

Thank you :)

p/s: AReality, you come too late lah.. Show's over. *pass u lao hong popcorn*

AReality said:
Wa lau.. :(
Just as I'm uncovering more dubious info... :cry:

Exciting behind-the-scenes stories still have.. *rubbin chin*

We can chit chat about it when I see you in person.. Then you can buy me nice warm packet of popcorn to go with it ;)

AReality said:
It started with Vamptress posting here selling several products. Because of the large number of threads, Vamptress was asked to display in a combined thread.

Furthermore, most of Vamptress' threads were closed due to the many threads generated.

Thus, Vamptress & Sync_Man is not happy that Convergent Sys did not contact them directly, but instead used the admins as the middleman.

Vamptress & Sync_Man's registered GST company brought, or sold some products on behalf of A*** P**to(?). Thus, convergent Sys is not aware of this. Thus the warranty issue comes in. This led to the heated arguement.

So right now, it's after all a mis-communication. With both parties initially not taking the correct approach.

QUOTE]

Hi, good guess but not exactly. Its ok to be asked to cut down the thread, no problems with that. But its more of a bias issues for resellers here.

We are just not happy that Convergent are assuming our cards are not from legal source which in fact they are. Not just about them not contacting us.

We are not selling some product ON BEHALF of A*** P**to . We are representing ourselves.

Hope to get the picture better.

We have spoken to Convergent's Product Manager Julian, and we have revealed our legal source of the kingston and hagiwara and Lexar cards. We will show proof if requested and they have acknownledge and will verify.

It's been a torturing experience these 2 weeks...

areality, it is just a misunderstanding. they are already settled with each other. it does not benefit anyone to speculate anymore.

In short... Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware, now can we have better deals? Heehee...

espn said:
In short... Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware, now can we have better deals? Heehee...

I think espn has stated very well what all members should be aware of in any sort of transaction, whether it's online or offline - Buyer Beware. ClubSNAP has tried very hard to safeguard the interests of our members by keeping our information updated and known to public. Simon's postings of possible warranty conflicts is precisely that - a warning to all. It's evident to us that Julian is genuinely from Convergent Systems and his posts and statements have been reasonable if you read them carefully, and we see no reason to remove or edit them. Ultimately the decision to purchase is on all members obviously, and whether there's any warranty or quality issues with any item is beyond the control of the forums, nor will we be responsible for it.

I emphasise again - ClubSNAP is NOT affiliated to any reseller/retailer/distributor or commercial agent of any kind, and we certainly have nothing to gain from this. In fact, I personally highly resent any allegations or allusions that we (whether it's Simon, or any of the admins or mods) are "siding with others" or that we are biased in any way to anyone.

Both parties have made their statements and explanations, and it's evident that this is heading nowhere, so I am going to lock up this thread. Pls settle this in private, business-to-business, and not in this forum. Bear in mind that the online community is a small one, and any issues, whether its warranty-related or otherwise, that arises would eventually be circulated around. A online reputation is the hardest to build up and the easiest to destroy.

If I see any additional threads still being created that continues to harp on this issue, I will lock up the thread(s) and ban any party responsible. This is not a idle threat. If you wish to discuss this further, by all means send me a PM, but otherwise conduct your matters here in a manner becoming of a respectable business.

The Moderator
Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.