Replacement mouse feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
Hello everyone!

Anyone knows where to get replacement for the pads under the mouse? Mine's quite worn out and makes moving the mouse very hard with the additional friction.

Something like this.

Anyone got any idea?

go sim lim tower buy a roll of teflon tape

cheap and can last you for a life time, u can change it every week

price used to be $10++

but now more expensive due to higher demand

The tape is apply to entire mouse surface or just the four corners? Can roughly say which shops(ie which floor) in sim lim tower sells it?

Helbreath said:
The tape is apply to entire mouse surface or just the four corners? Can roughly say which shops(ie which floor) in sim lim tower sells it?

just cut a small piece that is big enough to cover the 4 little feet
1951IMG_0488.JPG

5 years back i used to pay $18 to get a small strip of mouseskatez from USA
http://www.mouseskatez.com

then later found out that you can buy 1 whole roll from sim lim tower at less than that amount :angry:

try the shop at 3rd floor which is directly in front of the esculator when you go up

http://www.mouseskatez.com/instructions.htm

sim lim tower? i regular there but never see before lei! which shop? the escalator up direction changes everymonth. :D but never mind.. only 2 shops to try anyway.

yanyewkay said:
sim lim tower? i regular there but never see before lei! which shop? the escalator up direction changes everymonth. :D but never mind.. only 2 shops to try anyway.

The shop is Kaichin. The escalator going to the 3rd storey hasn't changed it directions since I started going to SLT 5+ years back.

The brand of tape is Nitto Denko. It's in a yellow box.
Do buy the tape that's 10mm wide or so.
The roll I bought (see picture) is the wider type which costs $20+. I bought it because the former wasn't in stock at the time (about 4 years back).

teflontape1zt.jpg

hahah it does change directions every month. and they play the same oldies over the PA system everyday on infinite repeats :bsmilie: I used to work there for several months quite sometime ago.

kaichin is the one with the fish (marlin) as the logo right?

buying a roll is kinda overkill for me since I only need like.. a bit... :think:

yanyewkay said:
hahah it does change directions every month. and they play the same oldies over the PA system everyday on infinite repeats :bsmilie: I used to work there for several months quite sometime ago.

kaichin is the one with the fish (marlin) as the logo right?

buying a roll is kinda overkill for me since I only need like.. a bit... :think:

Funny.. I've not experienced the escalator changing directions. Maybe it's because the escalators are always in the same direction when I go there.. LOL..

Where do ya live? I can spare you some if you live in the east and can come down to my place.. LOL.. As you can see, I've not used the tape much in 4 years... Maybe it's because I change mice too often..
The only mouse I've always gone back to using is my Mouseman ball mouse which has since conked out. The other mouse I'd really love to buy but can't is the Razor Boomslang 2000. Out of production since 3 years back...
Really regret not buying it when it was available locally despite it's hefty price-tag of $200+.

Anybody wana share? Hehe I got a lot of mouse feet to replace.

Firefox said:
The shop is Kaichin. The escalator going to the 3rd storey hasn't changed it directions since I started going to SLT 5+ years back.

The brand of tape is Nitto Denko. It's in a yellow box.
Do buy the tape that's 10mm wide or so.
The roll I bought (see picture) is the wider type which costs $20+. I bought it because the former wasn't in stock at the time (about 4 years back).

teflontape1zt.jpg

yup..that's the one

the wide one so expensive? i remember it was $13 or so...then later increase to $16...$18... as more pple buy...

may be can try MO from oversea? :bsmilie:

Wai said:
yup..that's the one

the wide one so expensive? i remember it was $13 or so...then later increase to $16...$18... as more pple buy...

may be can try MO from oversea? :bsmilie:

You were in Hardwarezone around the same era as I was.. You should know the mentality there.. When I got around to buying the tape, almost every piece was wiped out and the price inflated till hell freezes over. Only left with 2 of the wide tapes. One of which you can see in the picture..

Your avatar hasn't changed much since HWZ days.. LOL..

wai: MO? :bsmilie: 1 roll can hardly finish 10% of it.. how many mouse feet you want to replace? Maybe can ask the whole block who wants to replace mouse feet. ;p you have any left a not? tomorrow bring for me lei

firefox: traveling in singapore is never a problem for me :D maybe i just buy over the whole remaing roll from you :D

Wai said:
:bigeyes:

i was around since 1998, but this avatar only come out when i got my first L lenses a few years back

Yea... Was around during that era as well.. Heh.. Stopped going there just before they started that membership crap..

yanyewkay said:
wai: MO? :bsmilie: 1 roll can hardly finish 10% of it.. how many mouse feet you want to replace? Maybe can ask the whole block who wants to replace mouse feet. ;p you have any left a not? tomorrow bring for me lei

lost mine liao....:(

quick go and get a roll tomolo morning...otherwise the stock will run out when more CSer knows about it...usually they dont keep much in stock and the price is going to go up as more pple want to buy

I will bring all the mice that i have and show you how to apply the tape to their feet :sweatsm:

wah lao, u all damn wasteful leh, use the high end tape to tape the mouse, this tape is use for sealing machine 1, btw if u guys wanna do MO, i got the contacts... ;p

btw the inner layer is actually not good for the skin, its glass cloth, just for your info, and y it doesn't stick well is because the adhesive is able to withstand 180-220degreeC of heat... (told by nitto denko's guy in japan)

anyway, the stock i have is special cut 1, so can't sell u guys, hence not for sale...

I need to replace those on my 2 year old logitec which I use in office.

u guys wan i can cut abit lah, mine is special cut width 22 or 25mm i forget liao, i can get in 1 big roll 1meter width 1... hehe... super ex lor...

btw the adhesive super cannot make it... once u pull & paste back, not sticky liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.