Replacement Focusing Screens - Contax

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy

Sep 3, 2007
Hey guys, not sure where I should put this topic since there isn't a Contax sub-forum. Anyway, for Contax users, any idea where I can get replacement screens here?

I've tried searching the forums and eBay and google but haven't found any solutions. I'm looking for a FW-1 to replace the FW-3 that's currently in my RX, and to be honest I haven't had the time to go down to visit Camera Hospital or Cam X to ask...would appreciate some help!

Cheers!

Hey guys, not sure where I should put this topic since there isn't a Contax sub-forum. Anyway, for Contax users, any idea where I can get replacement screens here?

I've tried searching the forums and eBay and google but haven't found any solutions. I'm looking for a FW-1 to replace the FW-3 that's currently in my RX, and to be honest I haven't had the time to go down to visit Camera Hospital or Cam X to ask...would appreciate some help!

Cheers!

Try 'Orion" IIRC here on CS. He has/fad quite a lot of Contax stuff, again, IIRC.

Another way is to monitor carefully, the classifieds for guys who use the German stuff extensively. They might not have what you need, but they might know where to get it.

All the best.

Thanks man, been looking around, still no luck.

Cheers!

Thanks mate, unfortunately those are for the RTS II and RTS III, which IIRC use different focusing screens from the RX. Thanks anyway!

Maybe you can try Tithes Marketing at Tannery Lane. They used to be the exclusive
distributor for Contax. I am still using the Contax RTSIII an awesome camera.Back then
in 1996 bought the FV type focusing screen but found not suitable so I used back the
original screen.Hopefully they still carry stock. Glad to know there are still Contax lovers
out there :)

can try fotographics at 2nd level chinatown point. bought mine there few years back.

Hey guys, thanks so much for the recommendations, will definitely check those out in the coming weeks! Really not used to the totally matte screen, more used to having split focusing in the middle. And yes, Contax still lives long! CZ lenses will never go out of vogue hahah

Count me in !
I'm a AX user and my favourite are the 100/F2 planar from west german.

Count me in !
I'm a AX user and my favourite are the 100/F2 planar from west german.

One of the best portraiture lens in the Carl Zeiss range and the T* coating just
beautiful.I have the Planar 100/F2,Tele-Tessar 200/4 (German) and the most used
Vario Sonnar 3.3-4.0/28-85(Japan).Basically I only buy lenses that I often use.

One of the best portraiture lens in the Carl Zeiss range and the T* coating just
beautiful.I have the Planar 100/F2,Tele-Tessar 200/4 (German) and the most used
Vario Sonnar 3.3-4.0/28-85(Japan).Basically I only buy lenses that I often use.

It's extremely rare now to find another contax zeiss lens user .Really heartening .

My collection : 21mm/F3.5 yashinon
50mm/F1.4 Planar
100mm/F2 Planar
180mm/F2.8 Sonnar
28-85/F3.3-4 Vario Sonnar

On top of that , I regularly uses G1 with 35 and 90 too .

Hey guys, thanks so much for the recommendations, will definitely check those out in the coming weeks! Really not used to the totally matte screen, more used to having split focusing in the middle. And yes, Contax still lives long! CZ lenses will never go out of vogue hahah

For Fotographfix u need to call 62237217 before u go down. Actually I have a AX now at P and G for quotation to repair. If that body is beyond repair can consider swapping or selling the screen to u. I have not done a check but guess AX screen can be used on RX. Now the problem is P&G seems quite busy and I have not received any quotation from him yet.

BTW I am also a Zeiss lover. Had used Rolleiflex SL2000F for many years and now switch to Contax. Can visit my website for more details.

Anyway I am selling a 18/4 Distagon T* C/Y mount in case anybody is interested.

TS may want to try to call Mr Wong at Photographix and enquire before heading down. From the last I spoke with him, he is not too keen to restock contax stuff as it moves really really slow. What he may have will be odds and ends.

Alternatively, TCW may be a good choice for used parts - if there are still much left. TCW used to be linked to the contax agent in the past and so they had plenty of contax stuff that can be ordered and fixed. But now its a different story.

Best is to keep trying at ebay. The screen wont cost too much and so it may be worth exploring.

Good luck anyway.

Last edited:
Yup thanks guys, been really busy recently so haven't had the time to check out fotographix, will do so this week. eBay has not been too kind to me!

Love the Contax, just wish it were smaller sometimes though! Too often I set off and my OM-2SP displaces the RX because of the compactness.

Hi fellow Contax owners,

Need help and advice on how to upload pictures to share.Have tried but failed.
In fact send message to the Forum Administaror for advice but todate no
respond,so hope that fellow Contax owners will offer advice.Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.