Repair services for Nikon Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutu

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

My son drop my D70s and the LCD is not working, but I can still take my pictures. The LCD aren't crack. I sent it to Nikon service centre and was quoted S$400+ for the job for replacement of some memory card.
BOY...this is expensive.

I am wondering if there is any bro out here who knows how to repair a camera. pls help. Thanks.

Mark

It is still best to send it back to Nikon Service Center. Nowadays the electronic devices are quite fragile .. :sweat:

if any parts need to be replaced, it does not come cheap too, and need to get it from Nikon, unless you go to third party repair shop, they "MAY" able to replace the parts cheaper by salvage it from other scrap D70.

if any parts need to be replaced, it does not come cheap too, and need to get it from Nikon, unless you go to third party repair shop, they "MAY" able to replace the parts cheaper by salvage it from other scrap D70.

btw, using salvaging parts has no warranty, you don't when it will brake down again.

Exactly .. :)

You might consider buying another used D70, it's about the $400-500. Or go get a portable LCD (batt operated) screen to plug into the video out socket or use Nikon Capture and shot into laptop.

Save the money, shoot like old school style when cameras didn't have LCD screen. Go home then see.

How much does he charge for repair services? I have a 2 year + nikon camera and nikon quoted me $260 just to repair the dial :( Thanks!

How much does he charge for repair services? I have a 2 year + nikon camera and nikon quoted me $260 just to repair the dial :( Thanks!
how to answer you question?

why don't you contact David aka fatigue (assuming you are taking about him) to find out?

Let me do a quick check. (Just need to open the bottom cover of the camera)
See if any FFC (flexible flat cable) loose. Any PCB crack
You can even watch the whole process.
I've got 2 scrap D70s. If I have the parts you needed, you pay me what you think is fair
Anyway, managed to get my investments from these cameras so don't have to pay much.
If the problem returns in a few months, you can get your $ back
No charge if can't fix ;)

Oops sorry that i didnt mention mine isnt a d70, mine is a consumer P&S camera >< Nikon 3700. Do you still provide repair services for this kind of camera? :x

Oops sorry that i didnt mention mine isnt a d70, mine is a consumer P&S camera >< Nikon 3700. Do you still provide repair services for this kind of camera? :x

I don't think it's worth to send it to repair for $260.
(Got my Nikon5400 from a fellow CSer for $250)
I could not promise you anything but I can try to fix your your cam.
Hope it's just ceaning the contacts.
As mentioned earlier, FOC if could not repair

Status
Not open for further replies.