Repair of Notebook LCD ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi,

Asking this on a friend's behalf ... he accidentally dropped his HP Notebook and after sending it to Hp for assessment, they quoted him S$600+ for repair/replacement ... are there any cheaper alternatives?

TIA! ;)

Hi,

Asking this on a friend's behalf ... he accidentally dropped his HP Notebook and after sending it to Hp for assessment, they quoted him S$600+ for repair/replacement ... are there any cheaper alternatives?

TIA! ;)

That is considered quite cheap for brand new parts if coming from HP. A macbookpro 15.4" tft screen would cost >$1.4k to have it changed at applecentre.

For budget, maybe can try simlim shops that swop a used screen for a fee. But the age and quality of used screen would not be guaranteed for consistent output. Why not top up abit more and buy another notebook?

go to hardwarezone forum , search there. there was this guy, who happen to be have lots of parts salvaged from many many many lappy. when my IBM screen went bonkos , IBM service centre quoted $$$$. then went to his place in sembawang, 30 mins, change a new lcd cable, $45 i think. LCD screen, check if he have the stock

Hi,

TIA! ;)

its very cheap already...my 15" HP one cheap me $900...

$600 is a cheap to pay consider they replace the whole top part of the laptop...

go to hardwarezone forum , search there. there was this guy, who happen to be have lots of parts salvaged from many many many lappy. when my IBM screen went bonkos , IBM service centre quoted $$$$. then went to his place in sembawang, 30 mins, change a new lcd cable, $45 i think. LCD screen, check if he have the stock

Danny Baey 94568779

Status
Not open for further replies.