Renovation works in HDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentxq49

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys, just wanna ask, isit allowed for workers to do renovation works in HDB outside of the given time period for those noisy works?

Renovation works like drilling and hammering. The unit above my house has ongoing reno works and the drilling and hammering has been going on for days, and damn its annoying ;(;(

Think it's 9am - 6pm. Can check directly with HDB.

I suspect under 'special' or 'urgent' circumstances, HDB approved works can extend beyond the stipulated periods.

yesh there's a time cap, i think 9-6pm too since my grandma just had her house renovated.

I don't think you can do anything about it unless they go beyond those stipulated times.

yesh there's a time cap, i think 9-6pm too since my grandma just had her house renovated.

I don't think you can do anything about it unless they go beyond those stipulated times.

wah sian, damn hard to study.

Well, i think 老天爷 helping me. A lightning struck just 50m away from my house, now they keep quiet le, think they don dare do work liao :bsmilie: (but i cant hear properly from my left ear right now...... that thunder is damndamndamn loud :sticktong)

If the renovation is legal, they should have pasted a letter outside the house from HDB saying so. It should contain the dates and the time. Else can just tell them off.

Hey guys, just wanna ask, isit allowed for workers to do renovation works in HDB outside of the given time period for those noisy works?

Renovation works like drilling and hammering. The unit above my house has ongoing reno works and the drilling and hammering has been going on for days, and damn its annoying ;(;(

Usually, the contractor will inform the neighbours around the reno unit personally or at least slip a note stating reno schedule. Some pointers from HDB website:

1. Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays. Such works are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

2. At any one time, only two of the approved hand-held power tools or their approved equivalents are allowed to be used.

3. Renovation contractors are not allowed to take more than three consecutive days to demolish walls and/or removal of wall/floor finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.