Removing SuperTag? Help!

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Bought something from Nat Geo at Vivo and they forgot to remove the security tag. Argh! Anyone has any idea how can I get it removed instead of having to drive from AMK to Vivo again? I do have my receipt with me but the long drive sucks. :(

The tag seems to be this one

sensormaticsupertags.jpg

It's a magnetic system, but if you don't do it right, there's a permanent dye tag in there... looks like you gotta head back down. Take the 855 bus instead, snap along the way. ;)

ndroo said:
Bought something from Nat Geo at Vivo and they forgot to remove the security tag. Argh! Anyone has any idea how can I get it removed instead of having to drive from AMK to Vivo again? I do have my receipt with me but the long drive sucks. :(

The tag seems to be this one

You have to go back unfortunately. Or find another shop that will do it for you. :(

Case closed :D

I got pissed and hammered the tag into half thru a lil opening on one of the end. It opened up ... then I broke the pin and all is well now. Lesson #902193821903821 : Remember to check for security tags when out shopping. :D

I got pissed and hammered the tag into half thru a lil opening on one of the end. It opened up ... then I broke the pin and all is well now. Lesson #902193821903821 : Remember to check for security tags when out shopping. :D

LOL.

That's what you call shoplifting 101. ;)

ndroo said:

:bigeyes: that happened to me once when I was in Aussie. Had to travel 2 hours back to the outlet just to get it off. :sweatsm:

Lucky you! :bsmilie:

Or can just leave it there and say it's a new keychain...draw stuff on it so it looks nicer. =p

... and get everyone to think I stole it? :D LOL!

Well if you decorate it in a way that it doesn't look like a security tag than no one will know! Except us....hehehehe! :bsmilie:

The Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) detectors positioned at the entrance and exit of most shops works primarily through magnetic or Radio Frequency (RF) technology, concealing an item within a "Faraday cage" of aluminium foil in a bag is enough to prevent detection of the security tag in older generations of EAS though newer ones are designed to also sound the alarm if there is a disturbance of the magnetic or RF field associated with the use of such "Faraday cage".

9V-Orion Images said:
The Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) detectors positioned at the entrance and exit of most shops works primarily through magnetic or Radio Frequency (RF) technology, concealing an item within a "Faraday cage" of aluminium foil in a bag is enough to prevent detection of the security tag in older generations of EAS though newer ones are designed to also sound the alarm if there is a disturbance of the magnetic or RF field associated with the use of such "Faraday cage".

Hmmm. My item was concealed in their own NG bag. Lol.

hmmmm interesting...

"ocean's 11" and let's see how many Nat Geo bags with RFID tags we can get away with :bsmilie:

hmmmm interesting...

"ocean's 11" and let's see how many Nat Geo bags with RFID tags we can get away with :bsmilie:

NG Bag would be happy to know that their Bags are good for shoplifting.... :bsmilie:

So who wanna volunteer to organize the outing there? :D We can meet at Brotzeit for beer later and hammer off the tags together. :D