Removing selected exif info

Status
Not open for further replies.

arctos

Jun 2, 2008
Singapore
I googled and searched on the forums for "remove exif", and all the freeware programs thus far seems to strip ALL exif from the photos.

I don't mind leaving info like the camera used, aperture, shutter speed etc. intact but as I usually mention the place where I take the photos, I'd really like to remove more personal data like the date/time, author, software etc.

So are there any exif removal software out there (preferably freeware) that can remove selected fields only?

I googled and searched on the forums for "remove exif", and all the freeware programs thus far seems to strip ALL exif from the photos.

So are there any exif removal software out there (preferably freeware) that can remove selected fields only?

IIRC exiftool can do that. From the website:

- Deletes meta information individually, in groups, or altogether

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

It's surprising that you didn't come across this if you had a real look though: it's one of the most popular and powerful freeware for exif manipulating.

Last edited:
also if you have photoshop, you can directly strip the EXIF info from there by 'saving as web devices' or something like that, instead of the normal 'save as'.

also if you have photoshop, you can directly strip the EXIF info from there by 'saving as web devices' or something like that, instead of the normal 'save as'.

the TS said:

"all the freeware programs thus far seems to strip ALL exif from the photos.".

So he already knows how to do that, probably cheaper.

It's surprising that you didn't come across this if you had a real look though: it's one of the most popular and powerful freeware for exif manipulating.

Thanks! I tried filtering through about 2 pages of results from google, and gave up. :embrass:
That's why I thought I'll try searching here, and if I can't find the answer, post a question. ;p

And yes, if I wanted to remove all the exif data, GIMP can do that too. (Use "save a copy" option and uncheck the "Save exif" option.)

the TS said:

"all the freeware programs thus far seems to strip ALL exif from the photos.".

So he already knows how to do that, probably cheaper.

oh ya -.-
my bad.
lol. sorry TS

Status
Not open for further replies.